“Clean Casino”

Inn of the Mountain Gods
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Mescalero
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Clean Casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

we had heard that this casino was very smokey but found the area very clean. The casino area was vey good and enjoyable . Plan to return very soon

Visited August 2013

“Worth every penny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time that I have stayed at the Inn of the Mountain Gods. The name enticed me as I had read a book titled "Throne Kingdom of the Mountain Gods", about the Himalayas and the Karakorams. I have not regretted my decision to visit here. The location is picturesque, the service is good, the rooms are large, airy and with an exceptional view. The hotel has a Casino, which I did not try, but I hear that it is competitive. There is a good choice of restaurants, from the Buffet to fine dining. Lots of activities for both adults and children. We wil be coming again and again.

Lubbock
“So Pretty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Inn is pretty, just pretty, from the artwork to the grounds and all areas in between. Had a quick dinner from the snack bar set up in a hallway, very convenient. The casino, although smoke allowed, doesn't seem that smoky to me, fun place for me to make my donation the first night. Returned for a second visit and had dinner in one of the cafes. Excellent food. Overall, I think it is a must do place in Ruidoso.

Anthem, Arizona
“Gathering of the Nations Buffet is fabulous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Very extensive offerings; great value, good service. The breakfast buffet has desserts, salads, peel and eat shrimp, and if you are a late breakfaster, you can choose from the lunch offerings as well!

Denver, Colorado, United States
“overpriced buffet with bad food and drink”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Although we did not stay the night or visit the casino ( we play golf, but don't gamble) , we did drive out to visit the resort and eat dinner. This meal without a double was the biggest loser in our entire 4-day Memorial Day weekend cruise from Denver. I would give the overpriced buffet zero stars if I could. I'm speaking for our entire 6-person party when I say the drinks ( ice tea, lemonade, water) all tasted like sewer water. Just nasty!! We replaced those with sodas. For $16 a person I expected I expected something better than Golden coral...not to happen. Other than Salisbury steak we could not find any beef on the buffet. No steak, no prime rib, nothing. Disappointed. Not lone did the main course food really not have any flavor, but half of us spit out the deserts we chose. The bread pudding was the only saving grace on the desert bar... as the pies and cakes were nasty. I could go on, but I think you get the message. 6 adults vote NO.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Inn of the Mountain Gods? Share your experiences!