“Wendell's Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Wendell's located in the Inn of the Mountain Gods. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit. Excellent food with a varied menu. Service is excellent, along with a wonderful view. The lounge area also has attentive staff to serve you. A very positive experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The buffet at the Inn is wonderful. Went there twice during a recent trip and it was great both times. All types of food available from Chinese to Mexican to American to Italian!! Shrimp was always a favorite for my wife. Large selection of deserts and good service keeping the table cleaned off. We will definitely go there anytime we are in Ruidoso!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Let me say the view is amazing if that's what you came for. But if the purpose is the casino I think you should rethink your trip. The hotel rooms are avarge no wow factor. The casino is smaller than what I expected. (after all that's what it is.) Repeated machines to fill the area. Now the food...The buffet is the only option and it was terrible! It tastes like frozen food. The food was so bad I left feeling very disapointed. I felt like I was eating at a cafeteria. They have set it up to look like different stations with a big selection but its all an illusion...roast beef Mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, only one choice of Chinese dish. And For $18.99 I will go to cattle baron next time. For a real steak and extended salad bar.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love to visit the IMG. The view from the deck is wonderful--so peaceful.
NOT SO GOOD--the bar. We met friends there for a drink before dinner. I'm not sure why the bartender was the only one there--not a waitress in sight for table service. We sat on the deck outside in spite of the fact that a number of tables had leftover lunch dishes piled on the tables. My husband went inside to get drinks to speed up the service (recommended by the bartender). Only one drink because the flies were annoying.
GOOD--the buffet. I have never been and I can't say if it was a good deal because I didn't pay. What I can tell you that it was light on the seafood side (only skinny crab legs, boiled and fried shrimp and prepared crab cakes). The other stations seemed to offer quite the variety though. The salad bar was plentiful.
And I had to taste the desserts, even though I expected them to be prepackaged (there was quite an assortment of tantalizing treats). WOW! All of it was very homemade, from the fruit tarts, to the cheesecakes, and finally the bread pudding. Wonderful!
No pictures of the food--sorry. It embarrasses my husband when I do that.

1  Thank winemaven79
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lots of choices for dessert. All appeared fresh and what we sampled was good. Standard salad bar, Italian, Chinese and Mexican hot selections. Limited seafood choices on 'Seafood Buffet' night: Cold shrimp, fried shrimp and crab legs. Just not worth $22 per adult unless you eat a lot.