“Love, Love, Love!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magdalena
Rancho Magdalena Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Magdalena B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was the best place we stayed on our New Mexico trip! The room was very cozy and our breakfast was excellent. The hosts are so nice and caring. I really liked hearing about the area and how it works, much different than where we're from. The town is charming and I really liked the people in the area. This is a great place to stay if you're going to see the VLA or Trinity Test site, among many other interesting sites in New Mexico. Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brenda M

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Best B & B bar none! Hosts are the nicest people you'll ever meet. Rustic and rural setting, if you're not into the old West this isn't for you! We had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

You will not lack for anything in this quaint fully-furnished 2 bedroom, 2 bath home away from home. It's not at the ranch, but in Magdalena. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Lee and Lori are the best hosts you could ever want and consider yourself lucky if there is room at their ranch B&B.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is the type of B&B you want to stumble across. Beautiful location, very quiet all around and the kindest of hosts you can imagine. Lee & Lauri go out of their way to make you feel at home. In the mornings wake up to fresh coffee and biscuits set out on a tray by your door . It is more like being at a friends house with all the pluses of a B&B experience. To die for breakfast, wonderful stories of the region, chickens, goats, horses..the works! Clean beyond clean, a perfect place for a honeymoon..if you like solitude and starry nights and coyote songs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I just completed my second stay with the Lori and Lee and am in the process of arranging my third. Everything the other reviewers have said about the comfort, friendliness, and charm of the place is true, and when you are there you feel as if you are "just* the person Lee and Lori (and the dogs, cats, and livestock) were hoping would show up that day.

My perspective as a solo traveler might be of value here. I spend as much time as I can in New Mexico, and when I am there my favorite activity is hiking. The Magdalena and San Mateo mountains -- especially the San Mateos -- feature clear and reasonably well-maintained trails, but they are not heavily used. For a woman of -- ahem -- a certain age hiking alone, this presents some serious challenges. And while I don't think that most of the innkeepers and front desk folks I've met in my travels in New Mexico would like to see me fall off a mountainside, Lori and Lee take a very active interest in my welfare. I couldn't appreciate it more. It's who they are, though, and that shows through all these reviews.

On my first trip I stayed for two nights at the ranch. It was outstanding. I even got to pretend to help feed the livestock. Fell in love with the cats and dogs. Stood on a ridge with Lee and watched as the sun set on one of my shoulders and the moon rose on the other. Magic. Even my ridiculously annoying habit of rising at 4:30 to get to the trailhead didn't seem to faze anybody.

On my second trip, this month, I stayed in the Kelly Cabin, which Lori and Lee manage and which sits on 50+ acres a few miles south of town. I missed their company, but that was the only drawback to the cabin. The cabin, which is metal-sided for practicality (so don't expect Little House Among the Pinon), had everything I needed and wanted inside -- a comfortable bed, great kitchen, laundry facilities, even covered parking, plus a terrific array of books. A recently added deck was terrific for sitting and reading, having a drink, eating after a long day of hiking, and with mountains and hills in all directions, the view couldn't have been more perfectly New Mexico. I loved it.

If you love to be in the outdoors but also appreciate the comforts of a warm shower and a comfortable bed, and you don't crave a big-town experience, this is a great place for you. I didn't sample much of Magdalena but what I saw was just my speed for a vacation. The cashier at the grocery was friendly and helpful; the guys at the garage tackled a flat tire for me and put up with a certain amount of angst on my part; the steak sandwich in Datil (recommended by Lori and Lee, and if you get one you'll know why I smile when I remember it) was outstanding, even more so because I had to walk by gas pumps, candy racks and what all to get to it; and on the gravel Kelly Road, everybody waved. I had to remember: Wave back!

I know another solo traveler would love this place, and Lori and Lee, as much as I did.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank mosi_cat
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I spent two very enjoyable days and nights at Rancho Magdalena in March. The Mustang Room with its king bed, kiva fireplace, and large ensuite bath was very comfortable. Guests will find a pot of piping hot and very tasty coffee right outside their door in the morning, and that’s just a warm up for Lori’s spectacular breakfasts. They are as delicious as they are plentiful.

As evidenced by their love of the area, its people, and its animals, Lee and Lori are very kind and compassionate folks. This translates well into the care they show their guests. Never obtrusive, but readily available if needed, they are the perfect hosts. They have truly never met a stranger and one feels immediately welcome and at home in their charming company. An extra special bonus was getting to know their wonderful dogs and cats.

Don't forget to visit Lori's shop in Magdalena, The Market Place. You're sure to find a treasure you can't live without.

As others have mentioned, it is sometimes difficult to find good lodging in somewhat out-of-the-way places, but you won’t be disappointed by Rancho Magdalena. We give it a very definite two thumbs up and can’t wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Recently spent 2 nights at the Ranch Magdalena in Magdalena, a small town between the VLA and Soccorro. The owners Lori and Lee were very friendly and hospitable, the room was nicely furnished and comfortable and we felt welcome in the owners living room. The breakfasts were large and wonderful. The scenery around is spectacular, I would recommend the ranch and this part of New Mexico for people who like to experience places off the beaten track.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rancho Magdalena Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!