“Ecletic?”

Mama Lisa's Ghost Town Kitchen and No Pity Cafe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Description: This is a small place right in the middle of Madrid, NM, and was recommended to us by a resident of Madrid. The food was incredible. Fine dining in the $7-11 range, and a very casual atmosphere. I would love to write a review.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped here on our drive thru the Turquoise Trail........heavy on vegan choices....and no Coke products.....also no rest room here and apparently the entire town uses porta-potties up the street---just like the miners!?

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I really enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The atmosphere was simple and quaint; however, it was the the aroma's that drew us in along with the diverse menu for a small desert town. I do not eat bar food or fried processed food. I love homemade, fresh food and that is what they delivered... I had the vegetarian curry lentil spinach soup and sandwich which was awesome and my husband had the pulled pork sandwich and chili which was even better. I typically don't eat dessert, but decided since the food was so good. We split a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie with a scoop of homemade honey vanilla ice creme and it was worth every calorie! The staff was super cool and we will DEFINITELY eat there again on our next shopping visit to Madrid!!

1  Thank Skybeauti
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate here our first and second times in Madrid. And will definitely go back for more. The food and atmosphere is so homey. I enjoyed one of the vegetarian specials the last time, the flavors were amazing. The burritos are also very good. The portions are large, but it's hard not to eat the whole meal because it's so tasty. I highly recommend.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

It's just okay, the kindest thing I can say. It's somebody's dream. I found it dreary and slow...even for Madrid, and we've been back to see if it improves...which it doesn't to us. There just isn't enough of oh wow for us to come back. Tragic be ause the other choices are pretty bar like to us in town. Not enough choices as well. Sorry

2  Thank CliveWatkins
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband, daughter and I had a wonderful lunch at Mama Lisa's. True, there was no bathroom inside, so we had to use the public port-o-san behind the restaurant which only had hand sanitizer -- no water -- but that was because of a severe local drought, so there was very little water to be had anywhere. To me, that was not a negative factor in reviewing this restaurant.

What we found was: an eclectic and imaginative menu, including interesting vegetarian options (not a given in meat-predominated New Mexican cooking), freshly prepared ingredients, delicious ice-cold blueberry and rose syrup-infused lemonade, friendly service and fair prices. My daughter and I had a squash and pumpkin-seed enchilada that was fantastic!

Madrid is fun and funky little town, and this restaurant is a great place to stop, cool your heels and eat well.