“Best chili rellenos!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

These were the best chili rellenos I've had since I got some in Mexico from a lady at the Copper Canyon selling them on the street. I don't like the egg batter ones, and these were crispy, with delicious melted cheese inside. My husband loved his stuffed sopapillas with mushroom green chili. The sopapillas and honey for dessert were wonderful. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

this was one of the best ive ever been to and ive been all around new mexico. so if i were you i would go there and eat a plate of there stuffed sopa loved the tasty chicken also the atmosphere was nice and i liked the 1900 feeling i hated how one waitress didnt listen to me but every other waitress were nice and had a good attitude

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is nice, old adobe typical house turned into restaraunt . The food is good but not excellent. The price is not a value but your paying for a fancier type atmosphere. Great for a date or out of town guests to get that new Mexico feel and flavor.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came inside and the hostess had her back to the door, instead of turning around to greet us, she talked over her shoulder. Being the first person to see, isn't a good impression. She was a bit dry and seemed extremely bored with her job, which made me feel unwelcome. We sat by the wall of windows facing Main Street but the entire room was slanted and made me feel little unsafe. We were approached by our server Rihta, who was very warm and welcoming. She told me about the different types of chili and she was very informative. They offer a total of four types of chili, two made with meat; red and green, and 2 vegetarian chilies. I ordered them all, my favorite had to be the vegetarian green chili with mushrooms, it was delicious and perfectly spicy. The salsa had plenty of texture and I could tell it was homemade. I prefer mine a little spicier, but that is just personal preference. I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas and the chicken was moist and full of flavor, the rice was tender and authentic, the beans were perfect, I loved it all! Rihta was a great and observant waitress whom was very nice. Without her, I do not know if I would feel the same way about this restaurant. She made up for the lack of service the hostess had given me.

3  Thank Nico H
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Service was very attentive; some consider this to be the best New Mexican food in town... on average, a little picante for me, but still tasty. The building is historic & I like the varied art work on the walls. Like many similar restaurants, there is a rambling series of rooms, which adds interest.