“Clean, friendly, safe”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Safe area just off I-10 with Kranberrys restuarant across the street..eaten there three times now it is always very good.
My room was very clean with flat screen tv, ironing board, iron, blow dryer, even had makeup remover , free WIFI, free continental breakfast. Linens were all fresh n clean.
Will plan on staying here again. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Shirley R, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Phoenixhiker,

Wow! You made my day! I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you felt safe and secure and that your room was clean and had the amenities that makes for a great stay; free breakfast, flat screen TV, iron and board, coffee maker, etc.

I agree with you, Kranberry's Restaurant always puts out a great meal!

The next time that you come through town, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you for your nice review and for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

Hospitably Yours,

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We chose this hotel because it allowed us to have our 4 animals (2 dogs over 80 lbs each & 2 cats). There wasn't anything to really complain about but also nothing to rave about. It was just a decent place to stay for the price. They also offer a military rate which helped out.

• Stayed: May 2013
Shirley R, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Lgeary10,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a discounted military rate. It's the least we can do for our military families. I am also pleased to learn that we were able to accommodate all of your pets comfortably.

We are huge pet lovers here and we like to think we make it easy for pets traveling with their families. They are important guests too!

Please come back and see us the next time you are in Lordsburg. We would love to welcome you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

It's pet-friendly. What else can I say? That's the only reason we picked this Econo Lodge in Lordsburg, New Mexico just off I-10 in the middle of nowhere both last summer on the way back and forth to Europe and in September when we traveled to Santa Fe. But being pet-friendly is a big asset when you're traveling with a black Labrador Retriever and one sassy three-year-old ruddy Abyssinian cat who expects to be pushed around in his stroller when the dog is taking his daily walk. What does this motel provide for the dog? Not much, frankly. But they do have two dirt lots on either side of the motel. One side even has a dispenser for doggie bags for clean up. In the back there is a swimming pool. The dog isn't allowed to swim there, but it's a nice place for a walk when nobody else is there. Also there are a few garden beds along the walkways where your dog can relieve himself and no one will object. And you do have the best eatery in Lordsburg just across the street. Read what I have to say about Kranberry's and its doggie takeouts in my restaurant review.

The downside to the motel is that if you don't get a ground floor room, you may be out of luck with your pet unless you have trained your dog to walk up outside steps of the 1950's variety where there are gaps that you can see through between each of the steps. Our Lab is terrified of this arrangement, and he won't go up unless we carry him.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor unless you want to carry your dog up the steps.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We absolutely welcome our pet guests as well as our human guests here at the EconoLodge in Lordsburg. I am pleased that we were able to comfortably take care of your Black Lab and your Abyssinian cat.

I sincerely apologize for not getting you on the ground floor so life would have been easier for your Lab. If we know ahead on time, we can usually block you a ground floor room.

So glad that you enjoyed Kranberry's restaurant. Those folks always do a really wonderful job.

I invite you to please come back and see us when you find yourself back in Lordsburg. We would be honored to welcome the whole gang back!

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Econolodge was the first room I inspected. The guest service person was very kind and accomodating. For a little more than $60 we had a room plus a very nice continental breakfast was offered. I was concerned over a couple housekeeping issues so I continued looking around.

I inspected other motels in Lordsburg and the rooms in the same price range had comparable housekeeping standards.

The room we wound up with is located on Motel Drive and runs parallel to the railroad tracks. The manager of that particular hotel assured us that the train only ran during the day but that was not true. We heard the train run several times throughout the night. This is something to keep in mind for the light sleeper.

I rated Econolodge 4 stars because it is the best Lordsburg had to offer and with better accomodations for the dollar. The guest service person was very nice and seemed eager to please. Since it is located farther away from the railroad tracks, the quality of sleep would have been better as well.

Lordsburg is not a warm and fuzzy place. But, overall, the Econolodge would have done a better job at making our overnight stay an agreeable one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NIc56854
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night without a reservation. We paid $69.71 total. At first glance the bedroom area looked clean, but we noticed two hairs on one pillow, so we got clean pillow cases from the front desk, and the clerk told us "The hairs must have just stayed on after the sheets were washed." But when we went to bed, we noticed many small hairs (like cat hairs?) on the sheet. Our son was already asleep on the other bed and we didn't want to disturb him, so we put the sheets we had brought from home (we keep them in the car on road trips just for situations like this) on the bed. When my husband (who is very allergic to cats) woke up in the morning. he was very congested. Besides the fact that it doesn't seem like the sheets and pillowcases were washed, the shower curtain was moldy. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank backnforth2nfro
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Firstly....leave your shoes on, our room had roaches and varous other creepy crawlies. We slept with the lights on. The room was an ok size, but nothing worked. Aircon rattled, sink had no hot water, bedding was stained and had holes in the comforter. The fridge had not been cleaned and that just the handle area which had months of built up grime on it. Spoke to the GM on check out (very nice lady) who said that the previous owners really run the place down and the new owners were playing catch up to get the standards back up.....maybe hope for this place. Btw had an uninvited couple come into the room by mistake they used their key to the next room in ours by mistake and it worked.

Room Tip: sorry can;t help you here...your on your own...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trev D
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had lot of luggage in vehicle and tools in bed of truck. Nice hearing desk clerk said they had no breakins but would watch it for me. I felt comfortable enough with her statement to leave over 20,000 dollars worth of tools in the back of the truck.
Room was clean.