“If you are passing thru Lordsburg and need to stop...this place is great”

Days Inn & Suites Lordsburg
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
oklahoma
“If you are passing thru Lordsburg and need to stop...this place is great”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed one night here after winning a low bid on priceline for a hotel in Lordsburg. It's nothing fancy but it was cheap and clean. The staff was great also.....my blow dryer wasn't working the next morning when I was getting ready and someone brought a brand new one in less than 10 minutes!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
california
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I paid $67, tax included, for this room. It had a fridge and a microwave, it was so tidy it sparkled, and everything in the room seemed shiny and brand new. I slept well here. The room was solid and well insulated, with only slight highway noise. There was free wi-fi, and it worked well.

I've stayed in hotel rooms that looked like this in major cities and paid more than twice the price. So against that standard, this place is a bargain. And of all the places I stayed on my 4-week trip through the southwest, this one was by far the nicest. It was also the most expensive.

Now the drawbacks. Breakfast included in the price was spartan. (Cereal, juice, coffee, bland bagels, sickly sweet pastries, green bananas, lousy apples. That's it.) My AC didn't work; thankfully the window opened. The staff were less than sunny and attentive, but not overly so. That said, this was everything a 67-dollar room should be. I should have been happier.

Trouble is, I didn't really want a $67 room. I was just passing through and only looking for a bed and shower. So I would have been happier paying $32 for something a little less new and sparkly with no breakfast. If you are staying in the area for a while and are happy with the price, though, you will probably be thrilled with this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband I and have stayed in many economy hotels along our trip across the U.S. and this has been not only the cleanest, largest room but also a fantastic price. There was no problem bringing our dog with us and the staff were super nice. We ordered in a fantastic pizza and salad from a local restaurant and would totally recommend this hotel and the restaurant (we forget the name) to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Just a very convenient place to sleep. It's an easy and reliable choice. It was very clean and there was HBO, which is always an attractive quality. The continental breakfast was lackluster, but it was nice. I didn't except great service and I didn't get it, but it was okay I guess. I am probably overrating this place, but essentially it is great because of it's location, cleanliness, and value.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotia, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This motel was OK, but could have been better. There was an overpowering perfume smell in the room. I suspect it was an attempt to hide the smell of cigarette smoke in a room that was supposed to be non-smoking.

There was an indoor pool, which I took advantage of, but was sorry I did. The water was not circulating and was cloudy. After a few minutes I thought better of the idea and immediately took a shower, just in case. Nothing happened healthwise, but the pool was definitely unattractive. There was also a fitness room, which contained a treadmill, a stationary bike and a complicated weight/resistance machine. All three were well-worn.

Back in the room, I noted there was a microwave and refrigerator, and a pebbled bottom in the tub, which was less slippery than most. However, there was no grab bar in the shower. Overall, the motel was adequate but old and tired.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — shabbiness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Our room was nice. It was mostly clean, though the carpet looked worn and there was an iron burn marked in it. The indoor pool and hot tub was warm, wonderful and also clean. However, there was no hair conditioner in the room. There was a sign that specifically indicated that conditioner (among other toiletries) could be requested. However, upon request we were told that conditioner was not actually available. (This is the 2nd Days Inn location where we had this type of situation occur.) All of the tea and coffee in the room was decaf; we would have liked regular to be available. The continental breakfast - I had to make the coffee. The juice was depleted for about 20 minutes before an employee refilled it. No less than 3 employees walked into the kitchen during this time. The cream cheese was not on ice so it was warm and runny. There was no water available for drinking. The breads were of very poor quality. No fruit was available. In addition, the two staff members at the front were bad mouthing another customer in front of me while I waited to check out, which I found to be very rude. All of these things were very unlike what we have come to expect of Days Inn - quite a disappointment. There were cheaper alternatives in the area that did not include breakfast - in hindsight that would have been a better deal. We will probably try the Best Western next time instead.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Lordsburg hotels

Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2004

We stayed the night of May 12, 2004. We were given a suite which from what we could determine meant we had a sofa...it's not worth the extra money.
The room was oddly set up in that the sink is in the corridor outside of the bathroom. What happens is that everyone has to get up at the same time or someone is going to be lying in bed with the light from over the sink shining in their eyes.
The room had a fridge which was handy & as I said the place is fine when you need a place to sleep.

2 Thank Matryshka