“not very clean nor friendly”

Days Inn & Suites Lordsburg
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
San Antonio
“not very clean nor friendly”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

left over food still in the fridge from prior guests. bathroom also could have used a better cleaning. Not sure would stay again, receptionists was not to friendly, bland kind of person.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Concord, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed two nights at this motel (6/7/2013 to 6/9/2013).

When I checked in I was assigned room 127, I asked for a room on the opposite side from the train tracks. I moved my items into the room then discovered that the dead bolt would not latch. I notified the desk person and she said she would give me another room. I was assigned room 125, next door. The dead bolt worked fine.

I noticed the carpet was not swept very well if done at all. Several napkins were left on the floor at the edge of the bed, I could see it, the room cleaner should have been able to see it too.

The sink drains very slow.

I found the window unlocked, this is a ground level room.

The TV had horrible reception. I unscrewed the antenna connection and found it to be faulty. I corrected it and the reception improved, but the TV has poor resolution and small print is not readable.

The microwave platter does not revolve without hitting obstructions. The platter may not be the correct one.

The AC unit had broken louvers.

On day two, I left in the morning to do things and returned at 1400. I found that the bed I slept in was stripped, the used towels were gone but the room was not cleaned or refurbished. After 1 1/2 hours, nobody showed up to finish my room. I called the front desk and told them about my room problem. It appears that the cleaning person forgot and went home. They called her and she returned about 30 minutes later and put sheets on my bed, replaced the towels and used the sweeper.

The bed was very comfortable.

Great shower.

Room Tip: I always check to make sure the window is locked.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lordsburg hotels

Alta Loma
Reviewed June 7, 2013

As indicated when reservations were made that we needed a downstairs, King, Smoking. When we arrived as also indicated it would be a late check in, they had no rooms available for what I had asked for. The property is in poor condition both in the room and outside. The property was designed very poorly and obviously the current owner doesn't care either. Weeds were all over and no ramps to get the luggage rack into any other door except the front one. The clerk, I think her name was Pricilla, was rude. She offered no other options and no assistance. Her customer sevice skills were non-existent! The cheap coffee pot in the room would not hold water therefore we had no coffee in our room, and when I went down to get coffee the represtative at the desk did not greet me, but kept talking her cell phone and drinking coffee herself. The luggage rack fell apart and i cut my hand when trying to get the luggage out to our car the following morning. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, not even 1 star in my rating.. This was a waste on my Wynndam points. Needless to say I was very disappointed! the only joke about this is that if this property and personnel were on Uncover Boss, they would fail miserably!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Quail Valley
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our room was very nice, clean, and spacious. Also had a couch and desk. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The staff were exceptionally friendly. After driving 8 hours, we enjoyed a good night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on the road between Arizona and New Mexico Saturday, April 13 and we needed a place to crash for the night. We came on Lordsburg about 10 at night and this was the first motel off the road as you are heading east. The receptionist was very nice, offered us a handicapped room on the first floor as it was the last available with a single bed. We took it.

The room was clean, sheets clean and the bed comfortable. The towels were gray and stained and so I had to get my wife her's from the car. However, the TV had all her favorite channels, the signal was clear and so we settled in for the night.

The breakfast was the typical hard boiled egg, cheap white and wheat bread, bagels, two cereals; Rasin Bran and Fruit Loops and two juices as well as coffee with real half and half.

The down side -- The shower had a funky showerhead which spread the water everywhere. Also there were dead bugs in the hall. None in the rooms, but there were a few as we came in the back door. I guess they had come in from outside. At least the exterminator was good.

Overall the location was clean and well kept and we will use it again if we need a place to stay on the road.

Room Tip: We had a room on the south side of the building and never heard a passing train. The Union Pacific...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple