“A good place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
Reviewed June 16, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2013

As indicated when reservations were made that we needed a downstairs, King, Smoking. When we arrived as also indicated it would be a late check in, they had no rooms available for what I had asked for. The property is in poor condition both in the room and outside. The property was designed very poorly and obviously the current owner doesn't care either. Weeds were all over and no ramps to get the luggage rack into any other door except the front one. The clerk, I think her name was Pricilla, was rude. She offered no other options and no assistance. Her customer sevice skills were non-existent! The cheap coffee pot in the room would not hold water therefore we had no coffee in our room, and when I went down to get coffee the represtative at the desk did not greet me, but kept talking her cell phone and drinking coffee herself. The luggage rack fell apart and i cut my hand when trying to get the luggage out to our car the following morning. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, not even 1 star in my rating.. This was a waste on my Wynndam points. Needless to say I was very disappointed! the only joke about this is that if this property and personnel were on Uncover Boss, they would fail miserably!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our room was very nice, clean, and spacious. Also had a couch and desk. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The staff were exceptionally friendly. After driving 8 hours, we enjoyed a good night's sleep.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on the road between Arizona and New Mexico Saturday, April 13 and we needed a place to crash for the night. We came on Lordsburg about 10 at night and this was the first motel off the road as you are heading east. The receptionist was very nice, offered us a handicapped room on the first floor as it was the last available with a single bed. We took it.

The room was clean, sheets clean and the bed comfortable. The towels were gray and stained and so I had to get my wife her's from the car. However, the TV had all her favorite channels, the signal was clear and so we settled in for the night.

The breakfast was the typical hard boiled egg, cheap white and wheat bread, bagels, two cereals; Rasin Bran and Fruit Loops and two juices as well as coffee with real half and half.

The down side -- The shower had a funky showerhead which spread the water everywhere. Also there were dead bugs in the hall. None in the rooms, but there were a few as we came in the back door. I guess they had come in from outside. At least the exterminator was good.

Overall the location was clean and well kept and we will use it again if we need a place to stay on the road.

Room Tip: We had a room on the south side of the building and never heard a passing train. The Union Pacific...
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Reviewed April 6, 2013

So I checked in early in the morning first mistake the morning host was rude lazy and didn't really look like she cared to be there, I saw the manager walk by a few times she never said anything to her about being lazy or rude. Later that day while I was talking around the second desk lady was checking in someone and she was happy joking with the guests made them look like she wanted them there, wish she checked me in. She looked like she loved her job and was happy to be there. I was gonna ask for a ride in the shuttle until I heard the shuttle offered to another guest and over heard the driver say I was going to leave. So didn't ask and bug her. So I walked out and looked at there shuttle or should I say death trap. The tires on it were old with weather damage and cracks. The driver door looked like an elephant had gotten in huge dents the passanger door the same damage. The back passanger doors on this van dents dings, wow someone needs to learn to drive, The doors on the van had residue of what looked like the old days inn stickers, seeing this you know they never wash this van. I peeked threw the window the floors looked dirty. I am so glad I just drove myself. My room was nasty floors dirty left me white socks black. Do you guys ever clean your floors? The tvs in the rooms are old wish I had the room next to me when they opened there door they had a flat screen the desk lady said that only a few rooms had them that they where hoping the new owners would upgrade all the rooms. The spa in the hotel was down still from my last visit over one year ago. The second desk lady said it was under maintenance isn't a year of that good. I had no internet they said the wifi was down wish the morning lady would of said that. The breakfast was horrible continental my butt. The toaster had to be pushed down 3 times for the bagel to turn brown. The danishes stuck to the packaging and tasted old. Coffee tasted burnt. hard boiled eggs are a for sure food service product smelled like vinegar yuck. So I went to my rooms after my horrible stay, and started to wonder so I opened my door looked at the fire extinguisher and what do you know tags expired in 2011. I packed my things and got out when on the way out I saw the days inn matts and saw how dirty they were from now on if there door mat is dirty I wont stay. Management here sucks over all horrible Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo