Days Inn & Suites Lordsburg
Holiday Motel(Lordsburg)
Murray Hotel(Silver City)
Palace Hotel(Silver City)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle nightnew carpetan overnight stayfront desk clerkgood sizehot tubice machinewafflesexcellent stayroad tripinterstatenmplumbingrepairchannelscouchmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on the road between Arizona and New Mexico Saturday, April 13 and we needed a place to crash for the night. We came on Lordsburg about 10 at night and this was the first motel off the road as you are heading east. The receptionist was very nice, offered us a handicapped room on the first floor as it was the last available with a single bed. We took it.

The room was clean, sheets clean and the bed comfortable. The towels were gray and stained and so I had to get my wife her's from the car. However, the TV had all her favorite channels, the signal was clear and so we settled in for the night.

The breakfast was the typical hard boiled egg, cheap white and wheat bread, bagels, two cereals; Rasin Bran and Fruit Loops and two juices as well as coffee with real half and half.

The down side -- The shower had a funky showerhead which spread the water everywhere. Also there were dead bugs in the hall. None in the rooms, but there were a few as we came in the back door. I guess they had come in from outside. At least the exterminator was good.

Overall the location was clean and well kept and we will use it again if we need a place to stay on the road.

Room Tip: We had a room on the south side of the building and never heard a passing train. The Union Pacific Railroad is less than 100 yards from the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed April 6, 2013

So I checked in early in the morning first mistake the morning host was rude lazy and didn't really look like she cared to be there, I saw the manager walk by a few times she never said anything to her about being lazy or rude. Later that day while I was talking around the second desk lady was checking in someone and she was happy joking with the guests made them look like she wanted them there, wish she checked me in. She looked like she loved her job and was happy to be there. I was gonna ask for a ride in the shuttle until I heard the shuttle offered to another guest and over heard the driver say I was going to leave. So didn't ask and bug her. So I walked out and looked at there shuttle or should I say death trap. The tires on it were old with weather damage and cracks. The driver door looked like an elephant had gotten in huge dents the passanger door the same damage. The back passanger doors on this van dents dings, wow someone needs to learn to drive, The doors on the van had residue of what looked like the old days inn stickers, seeing this you know they never wash this van. I peeked threw the window the floors looked dirty. I am so glad I just drove myself. My room was nasty floors dirty left me white socks black. Do you guys ever clean your floors? The tvs in the rooms are old wish I had the room next to me when they opened there door they had a flat screen the desk lady said that only a few rooms had them that they where hoping the new owners would upgrade all the rooms. The spa in the hotel was down still from my last visit over one year ago. The second desk lady said it was under maintenance isn't a year of that good. I had no internet they said the wifi was down wish the morning lady would of said that. The breakfast was horrible continental my butt. The toaster had to be pushed down 3 times for the bagel to turn brown. The danishes stuck to the packaging and tasted old. Coffee tasted burnt. hard boiled eggs are a for sure food service product smelled like vinegar yuck. So I went to my rooms after my horrible stay, and started to wonder so I opened my door looked at the fire extinguisher and what do you know tags expired in 2011. I packed my things and got out when on the way out I saw the days inn matts and saw how dirty they were from now on if there door mat is dirty I wont stay. Management here sucks over all horrible Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I did not see a fitness room, and the spa was filled in. Great location off the freeway, and a decent breakfast. TV had multiple HBO channels, but the quality was poor. Service was fine, noise from train near by.

Room Tip: Very close to freeway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The room was a good value. The bed was a bit firm, but comfortable. The TV wasn't upgraded, but this is a small town in the desert, not New York. The room was large and clean, with a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was hot, and the person in the breakfast area was very attentive. Some small annoyances - a dog left alone in a room down the hall yapped for an hour until the owners returned at 9 . Not the hotel's fault, just irresponsible owners. I fully support pet-friendly hotels, as I often travel with my dog. However, a major inconvenience - the wireless network wasn't functional, and apparently nothing could be done. Our 2 rooms were assigned next to the ice machine, and someone was filling a cooler at 4:30 AM. However, overall, the experience was quite pleasant, and the reception was friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms near the ice machine can be noisy - the machine is not separated from the main hallway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends