“great food!”
Review of El Charro Restaurant - CLOSED

El Charro Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great Mexican food. True, it's not much for atmosphere, but our waitress was friendly and we all really liked the food. Prices were reasonable. Portions plentiful. A large variety on the menu. Salsa and red sauce might be a little spicy for some, but they warn you of that on the menu.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Don't let the location on the far side of the railroad tracks fool you, or the diner-like decor. The food here is plentiful, authentic, and cheap. The red chile salsa served with the chips had exactly the right amount of burn, and the bean burritos were served with toasted cheese on the top and were way bigger than I expected for the price. Everyone was super nice as well.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We visited based on reviews before we went. It may be the best Mexican in Lordsburg, but that is not saying much. The menu is limited at best, and staff was inflexible. It was impossible to get a chicken enchilada. We settled for exactly what was on the menu and were presented with food that was bland, greasy and pretty tasteless. If you are looking for quality food in Lordsburg, this is not the place.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Not much atmosphere but who cares.. the food was excellent and priced right!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Lordsburg, New Mexico is far from the destination capital of the world. I think of it as the town not tough enough to live. If you are a tired and hungry traveller or truck driver however, it's an oasis in the desert (especially if you are coming from the west.) My husband and I live close by in Silver City, and took some remote back roads down to Lordsburg. We checked out the Shakespeare Ghost town and then went in search of broken glass for my artwork. We met two native Lordsburgians and they helped us find the perfect spot complete with lots of purple glass that had baked in the sun for decades. Happy and hungry, we sought out the El Charro Mexican Restaurant. Bottom line, we liked it. The food was good, not over the top but tasty, fresh and just what us treasure hunters wanted. It was lunch time and not too busy. My margarita on the rocks was a bit sweet but the waitress said she doesn't do much bartending. Needless to say, I didn't leave a drop. The whole place is archaic by Applebee standards. My husband is retired military and always wants to face the door. (you guys can relate to that). The bonus for me was I got to gaze upon the only signed and autographed black and white movie star photo in the whole place. It was a gorgeous picture of Pierce Brosnan staring back at me as I ate my tacos and sipped my Margarita. He had visited the bar back in 2005 and left them a memento. Smile, ooooh, aaaaaah. I know a lot of good restaurants have signed photos of famous people but this is Lordsburg!!!! If you don't eat with your pinky finger sticking out, this is a good place to try next time you are on I-10 in New Mexico.

1  Thank Adrienne H