“Pleasant break on road trip”

Kranberry's Chatterbox
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Lordsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

A nice clean restaurant made a very pleasant break on a long drive. The staff was friendly and the food came quickly. We had the Kranberry Club and the taco salad which was a little over $20 with tip. Our meals were good. I would recommend this place as a break from fast food stops.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice stopping point for us and it was in the middle of no where more or less.

We stopped here for breakfast and the food was average. I thought the prices were a bit high though.

The waitress Lupa was very good and accommodating. Bathrooms were also nice and clean.

Would I stop here again? Probably not, but we did have a pleasant experience.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Family Restaurant implies FAMILY and some features of Home Cooking. This place is the only listing in the 2013 AAA tour book. Truth is that our orders were all factory precooked and just fried up; no family is in the kitchen. 1) Awful fried onion rings for $7.50; what a joke for factory made and then re-fried up at Kranberry's : 2/3 deep-fry breaded coating; 1/3 flavorless onion; 2) Salty green chili stew; flavorless, just salty broth and salty BEEF cubes and some green chilis, worst ever experienced in our home state of NM. 3) Hamburger with French fries flavorless meat, just salty; French fries with soggy, soft core, i.e. previously frozen which destroys cell integrity, and then heated in oil at Kranberry's. Server Carrie knows nothing about food, saying " I am just a waitress," and admitted that onions and French fries are not made on the premises.

Recommendation: Go to McDonalds in Lordsburg or hang on hungry if driving E-bound and stop in Deming for food.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was really surprised how nice this was, especially in a tiny town along I-10. Decor was modern, and the bathroom was beautiful with granite countertops. I was impressed how clean it seemed. The service was wonderful- very attentive and professional. It was lunchtime, but I had been on the road for several hours, so I really wanted breakfast. No problem! My New Mexico omelette with green chili was perfect, as was the fresh biscuit. Mmmm! I've seen the signs for years, but never stopped. I will definitely be stopping there from now on since I now know what a nice place this is! Definitely recommended!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Tired and weary from driving all day, Kranberry's was our choice for dinner. I had the hot roast beef sandwich, and my wife the club sandwich. The food was better than average, and certainly adequate for a pop-in, pop-out meal. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. We didn't have long to wait. Most of the patrons looked to be locals rather than travelers. The meal was not too expensive, about what I had expected. I'll return on my next trip between Texas and California.