“Tiny, no A/C but GREAT FOOD!”
Review of Ramona's Cafe

Ramona's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Lordsburg
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Mexican and American food.
Description: Mexican and American food.
Florence, Arizona
“Tiny, no A/C but GREAT FOOD!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We hopped on our Harleys to find a town we hadn't seen before and wound up in Lordsbug, NM. When we asked for a good restaurant in town, everyone said "Ramona's, so we went.....now I don't like Mexican food and there were items on the menu I never heard of (like a Relleno; pronounced Rayeno for the others like me who don't speak Spanish).........well, it's a stuffed chili that's battered and fried.....Michelle, our wonderful waitress, said she was hoping I would try that when I changed my mind from one menu item that included a Relleno, to one that didn't. "What the heck' I said, let's try it......well, it was out of this world good! Everything we had was outstanding and our bill was just over 20 bucks. This is a family-run restaurant cooking Grandma Ramona's recipes. Grandma would be proud. If you're within 20 miles of this place, get in there and dig in!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank WeOwnAFatCat

“Amazing Hole-in-the-Wall”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Ramona's Cafe is a delightful find! Tiny (only six tables) it turned out some of the best French toast we've ever had, a terrific huevos con chorizo, and a posole to die for! Our only regret was to arrive for breakfast at a cafe with a kitchen deserving of a much larger meal and taste test.

Nice people, great service - and food worth a special trip! Really great!!!

Visited March 2014
So Cal
“Great small local Mexican style”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The cafe is small, with only a half dozen or so tables, and the restaurant was full when we were there. The food was great and seemed to have freshly made items. Service was terrific.

The location seems a little peculiar, near some local downscale businesses, with many cars parked on the street. Don't let that stop you, as all those cars are not restaurant customers.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tecolate
Bolinas
“A small family run business with a homey, authentic and friendly atmosphere which included really good good.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The chips and salsa were excellent. Nice homemade chicken soup on a cold night. The horcheta was also excellent. I had the chicken enchilada and my husband had a burger. All good.
The waitress was efficient and a doll.
The restaurant has a small town local vibe.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank DeeNola
Tucson, Arizona
“Simply the best of Southern NM homestyle Mexican food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Born and bred in the SW in AZ and NM and fussy about my Mexican food. I had the combo plate of green chili enchilada, beef tamale, chicken taco w/ beans ad rice. It was all fantastic and I even bought a qt of salsa and green chili sauce to take home to Tucson. My husband had the chicken fried steak an mashed potatoes an my cousin had the daily special of Menudo. We all agreed it was excellent.

• Visited December 2013