“Night Clerk Professional and Helpful”

Hampton Inn Lordsburg
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I arrived late and the night clerk was very polite and helpful - he helped with my bags and offered to make sure I was ok - was tired from driving. He also explained the welcome packet choices and recommend the pistachios from the local area learned something new - next day I advised management and was told to put the review in he was a new hire great job!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. I know many member of our team check frequestly to see what comments the hotel receives. Your review will brighten his day, or maybe I should say his night. It is the happiness of our guests that we strive for and to learn that we did our job, that makes it all worth the efforts.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here one night while driving from Albuquerque to Phoenix via I-10. The towns along I-10 are small and separated, so finding a nice Hampton was a relief.

The room was comfy and well maintained. Breakfast was perhaps a bit better than some other Hampton's because of a friendly and outgoing attendant who was keeping everyone happy.

One comment: When exiting I-10 going west, there are a few hotels and a McDonald's at the end of the exit. They are on a street with a rather quick turn left from the end of the freeway exit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tecolate
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment and review our little hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. Our location seems to be the perfect stop in the middle of the desert for the weary travelers on I-10. Please come back and see us again, soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We visited our daughter and her husband for Christmas and spent 6 nights at the hotel. The room was comfortable and spotless, The room was freshened daily. The ladies that care for the breakfast room could not have been more friendly or helpful and so cheerful it was unbelievable. If we had not experienced the pleasant cheerful attitudes of everyone else in the town it would have been impossible to believe but its just the way Lordsburg is. The food was not gourmet but it was enough for a free breakfast. The do it yourself waffles were the best and the sugar free syrup helped to make me less guilty about having them. My husband used the gym and while we didn't use the pool it was there and well maintained.
The internet was slow but so was the service in my daughters home so I can see this is a local problem and not in the control of the hotel. Internet service in the town is just slow.
Every evening when we returned to the hotel we received a cheerful welcome and offered cookies or candy as a bedtime treat. Really have rarely experienced such friendly personalized service. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is always a pleasire to have such wonderful people stay with us for an extended visit. We look forward to your next visit and we will have the cookies ready for you.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Perhaps the hotel was understaffed due to the time of year (holiday travel) because I did not think breakfast was up to standard. The eggs were very overcooked and rubbery enough to play ball with. The orange juice was watery. There was very little variety -- for example, only grape jelly and not any type of jam. There was only one person working, which was very understaffed for the amount of traffic. On the plus side, the room was very clean, nice amenities, the bed was comfortable although the duvets were lumpy. I try to use the stairs whenever possible and even in nice hotels stairwells can be not so nice, but these were very clean and bright.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We welcome as many comments as we can get because that helps us learn where we can do better.

Your assumptions were correct. Not only were we busier than expected, but we also had issues with our regular supply delivery over the holiday week. We tried to anticipate the delivery changes from our vendor without knowing for sure what they were doing. I am sorry this spoiled your experience, our normal standards are much higher, as you can see from other comments. I am positive you will find it much better on your next visit.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Hotel was new, modern and clean, with all the amenities, free internet access, fitness center, complimentary breakfast, etc. I found the staff to be exceptionally professional and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you very much for the review.
It is rewarding to my whole team to see the ratings and reviews. Everybody here gains encouragement from the ratings we receive. And you comments are truly inspirring for all of us. Thank you for your words, and please come stay with us again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have not been disappointed in any of the Hampton Inns we have stayed at. Most times they are very reasonably priced. The rooms are bigger than average and the beds better than average. We booked at the Hampton Inn Deming as that is a great hotel crossing on Interstate 10. We were so early getting there we decided to go on to Lordsburg. We called ahead and the manager called the Deming Hotel and transferred our reservation. We were early enough to wander around the small town of Lordsburg. Be sure and locate the Museum. It is well worth the time. Be sure and donate a few bucks to keep it open. Highly recommend this hotel. They have a very nice work out room, indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you very much for the review. I agree with you about the museum, it is very nice and interesting. I am very happy you liked staying with us and hope to see you the next time you come by. We are just under an hour west of Deming and that can help make the next day's travel just a little shorter.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a pleasant and comfortable stay with my wife and 6 daughters . Very clean, upstat and great service. I have been using Hampton and the Hilton family of hotels for quite some time and this specific location met it's customary standards. Only upste was the internet being out but it is something that has never happenned before . I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you very much for the review. I also want to thank you, again, for responding to the survey from Hilton regarding your stay with us. Your dedication and loyalty is truly appreciated. I am very happy you found our service to be everything you expected. Please come back and stay with us the next time you travel out our way. Thanks.