“Oasis for your desert travels”

Hampton Inn Lordsburg
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a very nice hotel, perfect for an overnight stop on a long trip. The room was very clean and had a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast had a lot of choices including waffles, sausage, potatoes and cereals. The workout room had four new exercise machines, balls and weights. We didn't use the indoor pool and hot tub, but they looked clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I agree with you, we are an oasis. Right in the middle between El Paso and Tucson, our little Hampton Inn is perfectly located for the trveler making the journey across the southwest desert.

I want to express my gratitude for your review and the wonderful things you had to say about us. We work hard to make our guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am happy we are doing a good job and that our guests can recognize our efforts. Thank you for your review, we love having you here.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent hotel, friendly staff, breakfast was a nice variety of options. Nice family restaurant around the corner from hotel which offered a nice selection, and food was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words. My team and I get a lot of encouragement and personal satisfaction in a job well done when we read such wonderful reviews. It is our motivation to keep going and to constantly improve. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel, overall, was good. The room was nice and the pool/jacuzi was very clean. Breakfast was a different story. The options were limited for breakfast and, the night before, accessing fresh coffee or hot water downstairs in the kitchen was non-existent. I always stay at HI and this happens from time to time.

• Stayed: December 2012
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Thank you for your review. We value the feedback we get from our guests and I deeply appreciate your honesty and candor.

We strive to make sure everything our guests need is ready for them when they need it, and we work hard to keep our hotel clean and well maintained. Once in a while we might miss the mark and something might slip, as the coffee and hot water in your case. It is very helpful when our guests bring this to my attention so I can take steps to improve our service and let my team know what we need to work on. I will share your comments with the entire team at our next Service Meeting and I am sure you will see improvement the next time.

In regards your comment about the breakfast, we had an ordering and delivery mix-up that was my responsability. With the holidays our supplier and I did not connect with one of our orders. This was one of those odd situations that come up unexpectedly and I have taken steps to ensure I don't make the same mistake during next year's holiday season.

Again, I want to thank you for your comments and your review.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Its a Hampton Inn and much like all the others.
From the East
Exit the Interstate exit 22 at stop sign take a right then take the first left past the McDonald's.
The Hampton Inn is next to the Fire station (No emergencies while I was there so can't comment on the noise)
The Staff were friendly and efficient. The room comfortable and quiet. Back of the building upper floors seem the most quiet.
Parking on both side of the Hotel with key card access through the back door. Bed was a little on the soft side but comfortable. The room was clean.
Breakfast is across from reception and consists of eggs (omelets) sausage patties, French toast strips, along with cereal. Did not partake as McDonalds was just across the road.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to review our little Hampton Inn. We work hard to keep our hotel the best it can be. Reading reviews helps us to know what our guests think about us. We appreciate your comments and your candor.

We are glad you felt our Hamptonality. Please come visit us again when you travel through this part of New Mexico.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

After driving through Texas, we stopped in Lordsburg for the afternnoon and evening, and to stay the night for rest. The Hampton Inn was very nice, and clean, the employees were helpful and appeared to know what was going on. As far as Lordsburg, we probably will not stop here again! The town was dirty, some of the people seemed a bit indifferent when we asked about shops, and the local police were equally perplexed as to suggestions about a good place for dinner. My wife and I were a bit surprised because we've stopped in other small NM towns, and all were friendly, had great food, lots of smiles, and it did not seem to be as messy and trashy as Lordsburg. And all the storefronts are empty!!!!! Oh Well, live and learn!

Room Tip: Go through to the next town!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. The feedback is very important to us and to potential guests.

I am very sorry your impressions of Lordsburg itself tainted your opinions of the hotel and caused you to rate our rooms and cleanliness lower than we hope for. We strive to make our hotel as clean and friendly as can be, regardless of our location.

It is my hope that you might find the oportunity to stay with us again in the future, I am sure you will see improvement, because we are constantly working to make our hotel better everyday.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My business partner and I stayed here for 3 days. We utilized the meeting room and 2 separate sleeping rooms during the trip. The hotel is spacious, very clean and easy to navigate. The staff is really friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and also a huge help as there isn't a lot to eat in town. Turned what could have been a boring 3 day business trip into a relaxing "at home" feeling. We will be back when we come to Lordsburg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you very much for the nice comments and wonderful review.

I am happy your meetings went smoothly and you found our Southern New Mexico Charm as "home" like. It is rewarding when our efforts have a positive impact on our guests. Your comments will be inspiring to the entire team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed one night on my way to Yuma, AZ. It was exactly what I've come to expect from Hilton products: clean, well appointed and consistent. The manager greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed. The room was clean and everything worked. And the breakfast was quite nice. All in all a very nice stay.

Room Tip: No tips needed...typical Hilton product. Well done.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review.

I'm glad to see you made it safely to Yuma. I have made that drive and I know how long it can be going across the desert.

We look forward to you staying with us again on your way back through.

Thanks, again.