“Decent hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Texas
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel, overall, was good. The room was nice and the pool/jacuzi was very clean. Breakfast was a different story. The options were limited for breakfast and, the night before, accessing fresh coffee or hot water downstairs in the kitchen was non-existent. I always stay at HI and this happens from time to time.

• Stayed December 2012
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We value the feedback we get from our guests and I deeply appreciate your honesty and candor.

We strive to make sure everything our guests need is ready for them when they need it, and we work hard to keep our hotel clean and well maintained. Once in a while we might miss the mark and something might slip, as the coffee and hot water in your case. It is very helpful when our guests bring this to my attention so I can take steps to improve our service and let my team know what we need to work on. I will share your comments with the entire team at our next Service Meeting and I am sure you will see improvement the next time.

In regards your comment about the breakfast, we had an ordering and delivery mix-up that was my responsability. With the holidays our supplier and I did not connect with one of our orders. This was one of those odd situations that come up unexpectedly and I have taken steps to ensure I don't make the same mistake during next year's holiday season.

Again, I want to thank you for your comments and your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stafford, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Its a Hampton Inn and much like all the others.
From the East
Exit the Interstate exit 22 at stop sign take a right then take the first left past the McDonald's.
The Hampton Inn is next to the Fire station (No emergencies while I was there so can't comment on the noise)
The Staff were friendly and efficient. The room comfortable and quiet. Back of the building upper floors seem the most quiet.
Parking on both side of the Hotel with key card access through the back door. Bed was a little on the soft side but comfortable. The room was clean.
Breakfast is across from reception and consists of eggs (omelets) sausage patties, French toast strips, along with cereal. Did not partake as McDonalds was just across the road.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to review our little Hampton Inn. We work hard to keep our hotel the best it can be. Reading reviews helps us to know what our guests think about us. We appreciate your comments and your candor.

We are glad you felt our Hamptonality. Please come visit us again when you travel through this part of New Mexico.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 7, 2012

After driving through Texas, we stopped in Lordsburg for the afternnoon and evening, and to stay the night for rest. The Hampton Inn was very nice, and clean, the employees were helpful and appeared to know what was going on. As far as Lordsburg, we probably will not stop here again! The town was dirty, some of the people seemed a bit indifferent when we asked about shops, and the local police were equally perplexed as to suggestions about a good place for dinner. My wife and I were a bit surprised because we've stopped in other small NM towns, and all were friendly, had great food, lots of smiles, and it did not seem to be as messy and trashy as Lordsburg. And all the storefronts are empty!!!!! Oh Well, live and learn!

Room Tip: Go through to the next town!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. The feedback is very important to us and to potential guests.

I am very sorry your impressions of Lordsburg itself tainted your opinions of the hotel and caused you to rate our rooms and cleanliness lower than we hope for. We strive to make our hotel as clean and friendly as can be, regardless of our location.

It is my hope that you might find the oportunity to stay with us again in the future, I am sure you will see improvement, because we are constantly working to make our hotel better everyday.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Denver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My business partner and I stayed here for 3 days. We utilized the meeting room and 2 separate sleeping rooms during the trip. The hotel is spacious, very clean and easy to navigate. The staff is really friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and also a huge help as there isn't a lot to eat in town. Turned what could have been a boring 3 day business trip into a relaxing "at home" feeling. We will be back when we come to Lordsburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments and wonderful review.

I am happy your meetings went smoothly and you found our Southern New Mexico Charm as "home" like. It is rewarding when our efforts have a positive impact on our guests. Your comments will be inspiring to the entire team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed one night on my way to Yuma, AZ. It was exactly what I've come to expect from Hilton products: clean, well appointed and consistent. The manager greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed. The room was clean and everything worked. And the breakfast was quite nice. All in all a very nice stay.

Room Tip: No tips needed...typical Hilton product. Well done.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review.

I'm glad to see you made it safely to Yuma. I have made that drive and I know how long it can be going across the desert.

We look forward to you staying with us again on your way back through.

Thanks, again.
Oceanside, California
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was travelling with my husband, daughter and granddaughter, and 25lb dog to and from Texas to California, stayed at several hotels on the way there and now we were on the way back with none standing out until we stayed at this Hampton Inn. I found it on TripAdvisor and instead of staying in Willcox, Arizona as we did on way out, decided to try another town and hotel on the way back. After reading reviews, noting the price, found that with the military rate, this was a much nicer hotel with great price. I got two rooms side by side on the second floor. They have luggage carts so it doesn't really matter where the room is, it is convenient. They did not charge extra for my dog. I was so happy when I saw our room. Marble in bath and entry. Super comfy beds and pillows. It had a desk chair, a side chair, and comfortable arm chair which is really a plus because usually there is only one chair in lots of rooms and someone always has to sit or lay on bed to watch t.v. I love how the bathroom was closed off by a door so that if one is awake before the other, we can take shower and not wake any one else up. I tried the indoor pool and jacuzzi which was marvelous after being road weary and able to relax before bed. Did I say the beds were outstanding? I did, but have to say it was like sinking into a cloud before you were asleep. Another really important factor which is not really the hotel but the location. After leaving the heat of El Paso, it was so refreshing to experience cooler weather in Lordsburg, New Mexico. It was so cool in the morning that it almost felt slightly chilly. I was able to put my dog in it's crate in the car while I ate breakfast and got ready to pack up. The room and the hotel area is immaculately clean. I appreciated that the a/c was controlled by a thermostat and wasn't noisy the way many other places are which keeps me awake and not sleeping as well while I travel. It was quiet and dark the way I needed it to be. All the staff were most gracious and polite. The breakfast was exceptional with an abundant offering of waffles, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sweet rolls, yogurt, bagels, bread etc. The orange juice tasted like good orange juice, not all watery as many places seem to make. I enjoy good coffee and most hotels are not that great. This Hampton is an exception. The coffee was good and I actually wanted to take a cup to go. I am trying to think of all the reasons but hope that what I did remember will help the hotel and it's staff know that I would stop here again before considering anywhere else and make sure it was timed on any other trips travelled this way again, this would be a place to stop.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hotelhussey
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear hotelhussey,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of our little Hampton Inn.

I don't really know what to say, you gave a very detailed and generous review and as I share it with my team they are finding a great deal of inspiration and encouragement from your words. We sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Recently we recieved the high score designation from Hilton quality inspection, and your review just confirms everything we have worked hard for and have truly earned.

Thank you again. We look forward to your return.
Havelock, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

You couldn't ask for a nicer motel to stay in. We've stayed in many Hampton Inns and Hilton properties and this one ranks among the nicest. It is only 2 years old and is far superior to its neighbor the Comfort Inn. It is so spacious and spotless. The location is easy to get to and staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast was one of the better Hampton Inn breakfasts we've encountered.

Room Tip: Since it is a small town, any room would be fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne F
Will M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lordsburg, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Joanne F,

What a nice thing to say about our little hotel. Thank you so much for your glowing review.

I share these reviews with my entire team on a regular basis, and it gives them encouragement and inspiration to continue their special brand of hospitality that we call our "Hamptonality." Reading your comments will let all of us here know we are doing things right.

The next time you get a coffee at Timmy's have a nanaimo bar and think of us, eh?