“I love this place!”
Review of Plaza Hotel

Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

To my dying day, I will regret the many nights I stayed in Las Vegas, NM, before I learned about the Plaza Hotel. This wonderful old hotel is so welcoming, so comfortable, and so economical, I can't believe I didn't discover it sooner. I'm sure I will travel through Las Vegas again (family travel) and I will plan to stay at the Plaza as often as I can.

This wonderful hotel is at the heart of the old town square, which is the sort of place you just want to go out and walk on a summer night. Or a winter night! The restored Victorian rooms are beautiful, with vintage furnishings and modern, comfortable bedding. Prices are excellent and very competitive with chain hotels that offer much less comfort. The hotel restaurant is very good, both for dinner and for the included breakfast. The staff is so friendly and helpful... well, I don't know know to describe it all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: Rooms on the square can be a bit noisy for a while, but they are so beautiful it is still worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2012

After a somewhat white knuckle drive from Trujillo New Mexico I made it a point to find a hotel in which I could relax and unwind after two days of intense, solitary mountain driving. I wanted a hotel with character and boy did I find it in the Plaza Hotel! Dragging in the door I was greeted by the most genuinely friendly reservations clerk I have ever come across. Sean did everything in his power to get me into a beautifully restored room facing the historic plaza as quickly as possible. I was handed a beautiful brass key and shown to my room.
Thanks to the free wifi and accommodating bartender I was able to enjoy a nice glass of Chardonnay and catch up on my correspondence.
The next morning I took advantage of the fabulous cooked to order breakfast-no stale pre-packaged foods here! The pancakes were fluffy,the eggs divine and I dined on beautiful white linens. The young waitress could not have been more accommodating and pleasant.
I also saw many happy dog lovers as they do allow pets in a certain part of the hotel. I will make it a point to stay at this hotel many times in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We've been staying here for several years - the place is delightful. Lovely building, good food in the restaurant and many historical places to go in the neighborhood. Have yet to see a ghost, but there's always next time!

Room Tip: Ask for the haunted room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alicia44
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Recently stayed one night at the Plaza Hotel on the plaza in Las Vegas New Mexico. Had a great night's sleep in a comfortable room that was well maintained and updated. The hotel is listed on the National Historic Register and for a turn of the century building it was in excellent condition. But what impressed me the most was the friendliness and attitude of the staff. Several went out of their way to make my stay memorable.

Room Tip: Away from the street side although the whole building seemed very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's always so fun to stay at the Plaza -- love the atmosphere of the Old West hotel, great quality rooms, and always so much fun and activity downstairs in the lobby and saloon. The breakfast included in the price of the room is also fabulous. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Beezer119
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a solid three star hotel. Good front desk, extra large rooms and bath, and an excellent free breakfast. The only problem we had was noise from the room next door where the child had severe anger issues and the parents way of dealing with the child was to yell and see how hard, and how many times, they could slam the door! The management did their very best to deal with the issue. I would definitely stay at hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Ilfeld Suite. Huge spectacular bathroom with jetted tub. Big old fancy place includes free breakfast. Onsite restaurant is affordable and tasty. Right on the square and filled with history!

• Stayed: July 2012