“Great Service”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lame Deer, Montana
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff at this hotel are wonderful and friendly. At one time I had to leave my dog in my room and when she started to whine (because she needed to go out), the hotel clerk contacted me right away, in a friendly manner. Luckily my dog waited until I finished dinner to beg to go outside. They have plenty of walking area for dogs and treats at the front desk. The room was very quiet and comfortable. They set out a good snack each evening and breakfast every morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JULIE W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

In early September, I reserved a room one week prior to my arrival in Las Vegas, NM. I reserved a single room for myself for three nights, as I was on a motorcycle trip in that area. I read the reviews on-line and it "appeared" this older motel appeared to be okay on the surface. I checked in on a Saturday afternoon, as I told Eva when I would be arriving. Prior to my arrival, I had reserved the room by using a major credit card, with the intention of paying for 2 or all the nights with cash in lieu of charging. I paid $120.00 in cash and the remaining balance via my credit card which was essentially one night. In retrospect, the 60-something per night was high considering Las Vegas, NM isn't exactly ABQ or Santa Fe.

Long story short, I gave Eva my cash and charged the room for one night, but when I received my CC statement last week I noticed that she took it upon herself to add two more nights to my CC without my approval. I called down to NM and spoke with a clerk who is not normally there and he told me that there was one CC receipt for the one night, that I signed for and one for two more nights that was unsigned by me. He reported there was no record of cash being received by "Eva".

I contacted my CC company and they have refunded the 120.00 charge and are investigating this woman's actions. I have sent the CC company all needed documents(receipts, etc) and they are now investigating the matter. When I called Eva, it was deny, deny, deny and she attempted to over-talk me during the telephone call. I told her that I had already contacted the CC company and I would be posting this review, as well as filing a complaint with the NM Attorney Generals office to file a complaint. She either didn't give a hoot or thought I would not follow through.
So, my opinion of this place was that it was satisfactory while I was there to "what a sleazy operation". My two cents on this matter, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

One of the biggest red flags was that Eva stated she added two nights on to my CC because I only told her I would be there for one night. But logically, wouldn't an ethical business secure my signature on the additional charges before submitting it for payment?

In my line of work, I deal with many criminals and sociopaths, so when she became defensive and ramped right into the "deny, deny phase"- me smelled a liar right off the bat. Normally, I do not submit reviews via the net, but the CC suggested that I submit this review, but I was going to anyway without their prompting. I hope this helps someone else out there to avoid this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Oshea1950
elcaminomotel, Manager at Knights Inn Las Vegas NM, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for posting your review.
I just wanted to state that we do not have an employee named Eva that has ever worked for us. It is ours and most hotel policies that we charge the guest credit card on the day of arrival. That being said, I certainly understand your frustration with all the credit card issues you experienced.
We at Knights Inn must balance each evening and had there been a discrepancy the hotel would not have balanced. I hope the issue with your charges was resolved for you. It is our hope you will choose to stay with us at the Knights Inn (not Knights Rest) on your next stay in Las Vegas New Mexico. We will show you outstanding customer service. Please ask for me personally so I may welcome you to the hotel.

Troy Denison
Manager
Yuma, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here by chance on my way back from the Sturgis Rally. Though the motel is clean and has a fridge and microwave, and the bed is comfortable at $62 a night it is NOT a bargain. The continental breakfast in the morning was OK, and the owner is trying, but he should consider lowering his rates. I could have stayed across the street in an equally clean and nice room minus the fridge and microwave for $35 a night. In retrospect, I should have stayed across the street and used the extra money for another nights stay down the road. There are other choices in town, and I would consider this the last choice in a budget locally owned motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Dennis S
elcaminomotel, General Manager at Knights Inn Las Vegas NM, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for posting your review.
We do understand that there are better rates in our town. We have many hotels/motels that vary in price. That also comes with a variances in service, cleanliness and overall accommodations. All of which we pride ourselves in. During summer months most properties in our community do raise their rates as it is a tourist town.
We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip and see all the renovations we have just completed this past summer. Please ask for me personally so I may personally welcome you to the hotel.
Troy Denison
Manager
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is not bad, but is in dire need of updating. My room had a badly cracked ceiling and water stains and the bathroom door wouldn't close because the floor was so uneven. The hairdryer was missing so I was glad I'd brought my own. My husband and I spent a very short night on a stop-over to somewhere else, so we were willing to take a smoking room even though neither of us is a smoker. The managers are very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank C K
elcaminomotel, Owner at Knights Inn Las Vegas NM, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hello, thank you for your feedback. Just wanted to let you know that we are remodeling all of our rooms as part of our transition to the Knights Inn brand. We did choose to offer some of our last rooms before they were remodeled so we wouldn't turn away guests over the busy summer days. We realize now that may have been a mistake as you did not get our best! If you give us a another chance, you will find fresh paint, new ceilings and the same great service!
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've read the other reviews and feel that they are just a little misleading. The manager and his wife are indeed terrific people, and are trying very hard to make this a top notch place. He did take as to see the room before we committed (I've NEVER had that offered before anywhere), and accomodated us with the ground floor we requested. The rooms were clean and neat, with all the extras anyone could need (micro, refr, coffee-make, hair dryer) and there was a very good restaurant (independantly owned) practically attached to the motel. The curtains in the room were very thin and didn't do a good job of keeping out the light. We were there out of season so it was not real busy, but by nightfall had filled up some.
The only problem I had was the odor in the lobby. It was a strictly culteral food odor (Indian) which I was afraid would (but didn't) filter through to the room - it really was quite overwhelming and I almost turned around and left before registering. It did prevent us from partaking in the morning breakfast layout. We went over to the restaurant instead. Again - and important - the managers were terrific personally and business-wise, and we would stay again. Even though we were seniors we did not get offered (and I neglected to request) a senior rate, so we paid $67.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Forest Hill, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

People very nice, Service great. Rooms are ideal for out of town contractors as it has WIFI, Refridgerator, and Microwave. Price very reasonable

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I booked this stay through Expedia. I stayed for three nights. The price was right. Everything you need. A/C, Microwave, Refirgerator, 1 cup coffee maker all in room. In office small compimentary continetal breakfast. Nice helpful staff. My room was cleaned every day. On the North end of town so right in between the old town and the new part of town. A few minutes from Walmart and Walgreens. If you feel like jogging into old town there are large shoulders on both sides of the road you can jog safely on the asphalt. The motel is old, but so is the town of Las Vegas New Mexico. You have to be a little tough to hang around this old wild west town. The only real downside was the internet signal at the motel. The signal was pretty weak.
Good review. I would stay at the Knights Inn in Las Vegas, NM again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business