“Generous Portions at a Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kocina de rafael

Kocina de rafael
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Listed on internet
Odessa, TX
“Generous Portions at a Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pretty good New Mexican food. Service was slow, but gracious. I would like to see some smaller portions, with lower prices. Watch out for the price add-ons. They charge for chips, and adding sour cream was over three dollars! The sopapilla was included, however. Go hungry!

• Visited August 2014

Centennial, Colorado
“Simple find”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We found this place while driving through Las Vegas. It's not right off the interstate but close to. It's a smaller restaurant and despite the parking lot being full we were able to get right in. The portions were big and the service was okay. The stuffy was the way to go, a nice twist on your ordinary Mexican meal. They had a decent kids menu too as we were traveling with our kids. Overall it was a pleasant lunch but not amazing. If the opportunity presented itself, we would visit.

• Visited June 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“My favorite breakfast place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants in town, definitely my favorite breakfast place in town!!! Huge portions, great price, delicious taste and friendly service. Only complaint: kitchen is a little slow, but so worth the wait!

Warrensburg, Missouri
“Definitely hot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by my wife's uncle, who used to live in LV. We've eaten here 3 times over the years, and the food has remained consistently good, while hotter than most New Mexican foods. We arrived at a busy time, so initial service wasn't fast, but the waitresses were hustling. Everything we've tried has been tasty, even if it made my eyebrows sweat. Much of the clientele was obviously local.

• Visited May 2014
Albuquerque, NM
“Never stopped here until now. Not disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I get to Las Vegas a lot and have driven past here dozens of times. Finally went in for lunch last week. It was around 2, so it was pretty empty. Even so, the waitress seemed more concerned with busing the other tables than taking our order. However once we got our food, it was good. I had a combo plate with a cheese enchilada, chile relleno and beef taco. Had posole instead of rice. Honestly, everything was very good. The green chile was not runny as others had complained about and quite honestly, if I had been served that I would simply have sent it back.

This was very typical New Mexican food, served in a way you will get all over the state. No weird ingredients, just basic good food. Not gourmet by any stretch. The chile was hot, but not inedible, but then again, I have lived in NM for 37 years and eaten my share of chile. I'd eat here again. Kind of off the beaten path and set back from the road so you have to look for it, especially if coming from the east.

• Visited March 2014