“My favorite breakfast place!”
Review of Kocina de rafael

Kocina de rafael
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Listed on internet
Description: Listed on internet
Richmond, Virginia
“My favorite breakfast place!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants in town, definitely my favorite breakfast place in town!!! Huge portions, great price, delicious taste and friendly service. Only complaint: kitchen is a little slow, but so worth the wait!

Warrensburg, Missouri
“Definitely hot!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by my wife's uncle, who used to live in LV. We've eaten here 3 times over the years, and the food has remained consistently good, while hotter than most New Mexican foods. We arrived at a busy time, so initial service wasn't fast, but the waitresses were hustling. Everything we've tried has been tasty, even if it made my eyebrows sweat. Much of the clientele was obviously local.

• Visited May 2014
Tyler, Texas
“Never stopped here until now. Not disappointed.”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I get to Las Vegas a lot and have driven past here dozens of times. Finally went in for lunch last week. It was around 2, so it was pretty empty. Even so, the waitress seemed more concerned with busing the other tables than taking our order. However once we got our food, it was good. I had a combo plate with a cheese enchilada, chile relleno and beef taco. Had posole instead of rice. Honestly, everything was very good. The green chile was not runny as others had complained about and quite honestly, if I had been served that I would simply have sent it back.

This was very typical New Mexican food, served in a way you will get all over the state. No weird ingredients, just basic good food. Not gourmet by any stretch. The chile was hot, but not inedible, but then again, I have lived in NM for 37 years and eaten my share of chile. I'd eat here again. Kind of off the beaten path and set back from the road so you have to look for it, especially if coming from the east.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
“Good chow...mediocre table waiting.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The gal waiting out table was friendly but slow. Drinks took 14 minutes from the time she took the order. We had to ask for chips and salsa. Food came and was heat dry...but tasty. Waitress was a make up salespersons dream. Made Tammy Faye look homely! We'll go back someday...but it's a crapshoot anymore.

• Visited December 2013
WINTERSET
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very good authentic mexican...it's always nice to find a good place to eat away from fast food, burgers and national chains.

Visited September 2013