“Filthy and disgusting!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arlington, Texas
“Filthy and disgusting!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We rolled into Las Vegas late. We previously made reservations by phone. We picked this hotel based on excellent reviews. Upon entering the 2nd floor, the faint smell of curry permeated the hallway. Additionally, it looked like the hallway had not been vacuumed in weeks.

The first room assigned to us had filthy tile as you entered and in the bathroom. The shower was equally disgusting. We asked for another room. It was just as bad. The THIRD room was bad as well. At that point we gave up and stayed.

The grout was dirty around the bathtub. The grout all in the bathroom and entry was cracking and dirty. The faucet on the sink had toothpaste goop all over it. The toilet handle was filthy. Various surfaces all over the entire room had smudges of gunk all over them. The chairs needed to be reupholstered they were so dirty.

On a more positive note, the sheets appeared to be clean and the beds were comfortable.

This room was one of the dirtiest we've stayed in our entire life. Just because it's a small town does not mean their standards of cleanliness need to be lowered.

• Stayed February 2013
montezumasuites, Manager at Best Western Plus Montezuma Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I was devastated to read your review of the Best Western Montezuma Inn & Suites and I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations or, indeed, the expectations of the hotel management.
Best Western has the most stringent of cleanliness and is applicable to all properties, even those in small towns, it consists of inspections with black lights and UV sanitation. I find it inexplicable that all four rooms shown to you were unacceptable, especially in light of our previous guest's comments.
I want to assure you that your review has been shared with our housekeeping staff and further training and greater efforts are being made to ensure this situation will never happen again
Sincerely
Anne Bradford
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were traveling from Albuquerque to Denver and a huge snow storm hit. The woman at the front desk was nice enough to give us a discounted rate because we were stranded. She was really friendly and let us know they would be serving soup that evening as well. The room was nice but the hotel itself was freezing cold. When we walked in the room it literally felt like walking into a giant refrigerator. It took a good half hour to warm up and that was the the thermostat in the room at 80. Once we warmed up I was happy with the stay and experience. The room was clean and up to date. The breakfast in the morning was good. It was a hot breakfast with lots of choices. Overall, I was pleased.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Misty S
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I needed a Hotel for myself and my employees as we were doing some work near by. Due to weather conditions we decided not to commute. This Hotel provided comfort as well as great atmophere. The staff was friendly and accomadating.When in Las Vegas NM this will be my choice Hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ruby G
Gallup, NM
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was ill over the weekend in Colorado Springs, CO. I needed to get back to Gallup, NM so I left Sunday at noon. I couldn't make it any further than Las Vegas, NM so I stopped and saw there were four major brand Motels. I chose the BW by its outside decor, cleanliness and reputation. With no reservation I got: 1) a ground floor room with microwave and fridge and a king size bed, 2) a very pleasant check-in, 3) an awesomely great price and 4) a super great breakfast! I inquired at checkin if there was a resturant on premises, (hoping to get a hot bowl of soup). The desk clerrk said they didn't but they did serve soup at night and they had Ministronie soup. It was just exactly what I needed and it was soooo good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Hotel has large, clean rooms, and fast internet. The Hotel was built recently, with an elevator and Flat-screen TV's throughout. The breakfast is hot and has more variety than average. Free soup at night. The staff is very friendly also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our family has stayed here many times during our trips through Las Vegas, NM. This hotel has always had clean rooms, good service and has never given us a hard time about our kids or any requests we made. (Some hotels give you a hard time if you have additional children in a room). We rent adjoining rooms each time and they are new and very nice along with very clean restrooms. Our kids love having their own room and being able to play their dvd player through the TV. Our kids also enjoyed the pool over and over again. My wife loves their beds as they are more comfortable than most hotels. During a recent stay(Dec 2012) for a couple days they somehow kept setting off the fire alarm while making breakfast. This happened a couple days in a row and some of the guests were upset but it happened right around our wake up time so we did not mind. This is not the norm though as we have stayed here before and they never did this. I would highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed here numerouse times over the last couple years and this hotel has been great.

Room Tip: During the WINTER off season choose rooms on lower level as they turn off the heat on the upper leve...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here on business for five days. My room looked as if it had just been remodeled. Paint was fresh, furniture and appointments were in excellent condition, and everything was spotless. I like to spread out a little when I'm working, and my room had plenty of space and surfaces to do just that. The staff was very professional and knowledgeable. I was always greeted warmly and each person I interacted with seemed genuinely interested in my comfort. My bet is that this is the best place to stay in Las Vegas if you're looking for modern, corporate-level accomodations and top-rate customer service. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business