“Charming place, friendly service”
Review of Estella's Cafe - CLOSED

Estella's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Charming place, friendly service”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Typical southwestern style menu; pleasant service and interesting old-fashioned space and decor.

Visited February 2012

Oklahoma City
“I like Estellas!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The service is hap-hazard, the hours are hap-hazard, the decorating is old and homey, and the food is very good. I like going there when I am in Las Vegas. I like one of the combination plates, that has everything on it. I usually stop on the way back home and bring back posole. Estrellas seems to open just when they want, so I do not always get to go there, but I do like it.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank werollalong
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“If you are hungry for a good meal, this is NOT the place”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

On a nostalgic whim I thought I would give this restaurant a try as my grandmother's name is Estella and she is from a small town about 30 miles outside of Las Vegas. Now Grandma Stella isn't the nicest person but she is a darn good cook which made me think this place might have some potential. I was wrong and I haven't been back since.

The best part of the meal was a guacamole salad appetizer. I ordered the green chile stew which was thickened with flour which made the texture all wrong and detracted from the flavor. My sister ordered the flautas and they were soft tacos, and her Spanish rice was dry. In addition, the service wasn't very good and the food was over priced. I would not recommend Estella's unless you are desperate.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank ooSPICY
“What happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas.”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Our waiter was friendly, but the service was very slow (chips and salsa came right before the meal) and inaccurate (my dad's beef and bean burrito had no beef). My rellenos were really good (some of the best I've ever had); however, the refried beans had no body (too purred) or rich, fatty flavor (gotta use Lars!), and the Spanish rice was lumpy (interesting, if non-traditional flavor). $9 for 2 rellenos and a small portion of beans and rice seemed a bit rich. We would not go back. My dad said, after the meal, "It's not Mary and Tito's." (NM food joint in Abq.)

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“A memorable meal but for the wrong reasons”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We decided to try Estella's Cafe based on passed reviews and comments. Things have decided changed. My good friend ordered the posole, when it was delivered to our table, his first spoon full had more oil fat than food. He asked for another small bowl to drain the fat. Very disappointing experience.

• Visited July 2011