“Easy place to find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Easy place to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Easy access to the highway. Friendly staff. Room was clean. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was the typical continental breakfast. Dog friendly. Would stay here again. Only a 20 minute ride from the white sands missile range. Room had mini fridge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay & we hope to see you soon!

Ayde Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed her in Oct. 2013 and really enjoyed it. My daughter will be a student at NMSU so I like to feel comfortable staying at the same place. We had orientation in June 2014 and due to flight delays didn't get in until around 1:00am. We rang the door bell, waited out front for about 15 minutes, called the hotel numerous times and nobody came. We went next door to Sleep Inn and the front desk person kindly called and offered security to escort us and let us in. When we got there, the front desk person was just coming back (from where??). She didn't apologize, she just told us she was doing laundry and we should have called. We told her we did.

Doesn't make me feel too secure staying here when the front desk person can't be alerted to phone calls, ringing bells, or 6 people (other guests included) were all conversing in their lobby. Not comfortable staying here at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Allow me to take this time to first, apologize. I have brought up your comments and concerns with my staff & assure you, we are working on this to make it better. .

We hope that you will give us another chance to turn your previous experience into a good one and stop by to see us again on your next visit to the Las Cruces area

Once again, thank you for your review and comments, and we hope to see you soon!

Ayde Martinez,
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed at Comfort Suites on May 14, 2014, in Las Cruces after a long day of business meetings in Lordsburg and Deming. I chose this hotel because it offered government rate, and is an enclosed structure. Hotels in Las Cruces do not have to accommodate government rate since business is booming in other business sectors. The first room assigned to me at Comfort Suites was on the first floor near the exit door. This room was musty and felt isolated away from main guest rooms and easily accessible to break in from parking lot or field behind hotel. I asked for another room. The second room Comfort Suites staff assigned me was on the second floor and was not clean. The towels were wet and on the bathroom floors, the bed was unmade in the second room. By this time I had my luggage and bags with me and frankly, I was re-thinking staying at this hotel. I flagged down the housekeeper who happened to still be "cleaning" rooms on the second floor at 5:30 pm. She looked at the room and then she left the room and floor for a reason (not sure what reason was but guessed it was to alert front desk and hotel manager). The front desk young man that checked me in the first and second rooms, came up to the second floor - looked at the dirty room, and then immediately offered me another room on 2nd floor AND told me to stay put and he would bring new room card to me for new room. He quickly returned with a third hotel room card and this room was clean (at least the bed was made and there were no dirty towels on bathroom floor). But the carpet was not very clean, the small sofa in the room was stained, and the hair dryer did not work and started smoking when turned on. I unplugged hair dryer to avoid a fire starting with broken appliance.

The breakfast served at Comfort Suites was generous (omelette, sausage gravy, biscuits).

The two highlights for Comfort Suites - the front desk staff on duty in the evening and the breakfast.

I will not be returning to any Comfort Suites. Probably will not plan to stay in Las Cruces at all. El Paso is close enough to Las Cruces, I can stay at a quality hotel that offers government rates in El Paso.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am extremely embarrassed that we dropped the ball during your stay. I will be bringing this up to prevent this type of situation in the future..
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Las Cruces.

Kind Regards,
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife and I are driving to California from South Central Texas. We like this hotel and will stay here again. Our room is clean and comfortable. No problem with furnishings. Internet is somewhat slow. Not really the hotel's fault, just don't give up when browsing takes a long time. Breakfast was good. Standard offerings, sausage patties, egg omelet, biscuits and gravy. Hotel is quiet and easy to reach. It is located close to a shopping area and there are good choices for dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tbm210
We are glad to here you will be back. I will have the internet looked at so you can avoid this issue. Good to hear, that you enjoyed our breakfast as well.

Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We travel between southern Arizona and central Texas quite a bit, and find the El Paso area a good place to stop for the night. After staying closer or in El Paso, we found the traffic and noise a bit too much. When westbound, we now get through the congestion of El Paso, and spend the night at the Comfort Suites in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Easy to get to, a friendly greeting, clean and tidy, excellent bedding, plenty of towels and bath amenities, an indoor pool, free Internet, quiet nights even with the window open, and a well stocked above average breakfast.
Many excellent dinner locations nearby, and an almost straight 10 or so minute drive to Old Mesilla.
A good choice when traveling Interstate 10 across America.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DesertBoomers
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive to provided excellent customer service, we are glad to hear we did great. We hope to see you soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a good property with an excellent location just off I-25, near I-10, and just about on the campus of NMSU. Choice has a policy of recognizing frequent Choice Privilege members with a thank you. That did not happen at checkin and no snack bag was offered. The anchors around the commode seat were filthy and the bed was too soft for my liking. Otherwise the room was fine. Breakfast was good. The waffle batter was so thick it would not fill out the waffle iron. Also, no biscuits/gravy.
These are minor issues that can be corrected with proper training. Overall, this was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
I’m so sorry we failed to recognized you as a choice privilege member. I will make sure and bring this up on our next staff meeting. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, this will help us improve.

We look forward to serving you again,

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our second time to stay here - the first being in 2012. The hotel was just as I remembered it. The property was very clean, but is becoming somewhat dated. It may be time for some updates. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were attentive to our needs. The beds were very soft, which isn't always a good thing for me. The breakfast was standard hotel food, but it appeared to be prepared with great attention and care. The young lady who checked us out was very nice. I only apologize that I did not get her name. All in all, it was a great stay! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Im so glad to hear my staff to care of you during your stay. We hope to see you soon.