“Consistently Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Lubbock, Texas
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our second time to stay here - the first being in 2012. The hotel was just as I remembered it. The property was very clean, but is becoming somewhat dated. It may be time for some updates. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were attentive to our needs. The beds were very soft, which isn't always a good thing for me. The breakfast was standard hotel food, but it appeared to be prepared with great attention and care. The young lady who checked us out was very nice. I only apologize that I did not get her name. All in all, it was a great stay! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Im so glad to hear my staff to care of you during your stay. We hope to see you soon.

Ayde Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Las Vegas, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located just off of I-25. The rooms were somewhat dated, however spacious, comfortable, very clean (which in my opinion is the most important aspect of a hotel). The breakfast was standard hotel fair, nothing special. The front desk staff both at check in and check out, were helpful, professional, and friendly! When traveling through Las Cruces again, I will most likely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on here. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you will be back! Hope to see you soon!

Sincerly,
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My daughter was visiting New Mexico State University. This was the perfect hotel to stay at. We were literally across the street from the University and close to everything. The hotel was quiet and very clean. The staff was extremely helpful. The breakfasts were great. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and our staff took care of you. I hope to see you soon.

Sincerly,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

While not super fancy, the hotel was clean, neat, and had a decent breakfast. I didn't go to the pool, but noticed it was fairly small. Also, the hot tub was out of order for the whole 3 nights we stayed there, which was too bad. But if all you want is a clean and friendly place to stay, I would highly recommend Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: Room 213 (on the back side of the hotel) looks out onto a field, so it's fairly quiet with no st...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks Again,
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Cindy at the front desk is great! When we checked in she greeted us with a smile at check out it was her again and she had the same smile. She made us feel at home as soon as we walked in, lovely girl. I walked into my room with two beds & a small sofa area. I liked the extra space. Our room was big & clean & smelt fresh. Breakfast was pretty full most of the time, but breakfast person kept up really good.

Room Tip: clean room, friendly staff
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share this with my entire staff, we are always glad to hear that our staff is doing a great job. We look forward to serving you again,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The staff here is great. They alwasys greet you with a smile. The rooms are very clean and they have breakfast at 6:30 in the morning. Cindy was very helpful with tending to my needs and she was very informative. She also made homemade cookies which was a plus. I recommend staying here all the time if in the area

Room Tip: higher floors have less a/c unit noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I willl make sure and pass this to my entire team. We are always glad to hear positive feedback. We hope to see you soon when in Las Cruces.

Flagstaff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overall I liked the hotel. Staff was friendly but there several instances of lack of followup with communication. Upon arrival I found that the room needed some attention to detail and notified the front desk. There was an offer to take care of it right then and there, however, I requested that the problems just be addressed when the room was cleaned the next day. After being out all day and returning around 5 p.m., the room had not been touched at all. I went to the desk and was told that my room had just been cleaned, but it had not. She and the cleaning person then went to the room and did the daily cleaning. Discovered that the soap is a shampoo/body combination bar, so there were no bottles of shampoo. The breakfast was ok but the traffic flow of guests was not. It was hard to move along the breakfast counter because there were a lot of guests each morning and the chairs crowd the counter area. The waffle maker was down most of the time and when it was up, you had to time the waffles yourself as the timer did not work. The eggs ran out quickly....perhaps the hotel had more guests than usual (?). Sausage or other meats were not available when biscuits/sausage gravy were served because the gravy has a little sausage in it. Hot tub is closed, but the pool seemed ok. My queen suite had ample room but the sofa was badly stained. A bell should be placed on the counter at the front desk, as there were many times that no one was available. Fitness room on the third floor has one elliptical machine and one treadmill. The location was great...right off the freeway. I appreciated that I was accommodated with a first floor room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, January 9, 2014