“Expected More”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here on the way to Phoenix. The property was nice and clean and the rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was also fine. Waffle maker, sausage, eggs. Full breakfast, not continental. Flat screen TV's and microwave and fridge in the room. That's the good part.

When we entered our room on the second floor the window was open. No big deal except it was about 35 degrees and windy, so the room was more than a bit chilly. Closed and tried to lock the window. I was informed that the first floor windows were "nailed shut", but second and third floor were not. Glad no one had a big ladder!! Then we discovered no shampoo in the bathroom. Coffee and cups were in the room, but there was no coffee maker.

By the time I called the front desk a couple times, I was beginning to feel like I was a nuisance to the night staff. I informed the young lady that brought our shampoo, extra towels, and coffee maker that I was NOT trying to be a pain. I also told her that somebody should get the attention of housekeeping. The reason I gave it a 3 instead of lower is because it was a nice hotel, the breakfast was good, and I got a very good deal online.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to review my hotel. I am sorry to see that your stay was just ok. My staff and I strive to be the best and when we hear we failed its not something we like to hear.
Thank you for selecting my hotel for your visit. I hope to see you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites University

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was the nicest hotel we stayed at on a one week trip around NM and AZ. Everything was a little bit better. The room was larger, the staff friendlier, the bed more comfortable, the breakfast fresher. And, the price was cheaper than the competition. We'll stay here for sure when we're in Las Cruces again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the time taken to review the Comfort Suites Las Cruces. We are happy to hear that you were happy with our suite size, as well as our full hot breakfast. We strongly believe that a good nights sleep and a full breakfast can make the difference between a normal , and a great start to the day. If you are passing through the area in the future we would love to be able to take care of you again. Have a great day and once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We dropped in after a long day at White Sands and were so happy we did. We had 2 small dogs with us and not only did they not charge us for pets, we got a suite with 2 nice, fluffy, comfy queen beds and a pullout for $79 plus tax. the pillows, bedding and beds were new and so clean and comfortable. There is a washer/dryer down the hall, heated indoor pool and a field out back to take the dogs to "do their business". In the morning they offer free breakfast and it was pretty darn good for free. Fresh eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit, yogurt, a waffle station, fresh coffee, hard boiled eggs, juice, toast... I almost was tempted to stay another day just to chill out in this comfy hotel. Definitely look for more comfort inns when I travel. Hope they all live up to this place.

Room Tip: We had a lot of baggage and it helped that they put us on the first floor close to the side exit so...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites . We always appreciate responses from guests, and love hearing that your stay was an enjoyable one.

We encourage you to stop by again next time you come by Las Cruces we have been updating our bedding and some new options for softness of the pillows. We are very excited about these changes and cannot wait to hear what our guests think. Take care and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We arrived very tired after driving for over 10 hours. The young lady at the front desk was pleasant helpful and competent with her job. We checked in and found the rooms very large, the beds very comfortable and the hotel amenities were all there. I had to print off some work, and the computer in the lobby was easy to use and fast in the printing. Had some of the coffee early this morning and that was great tasting. On my way to breakfast now, I'm sure that it will be good as well. If it's not, I will do another review! The price was very fair for the property.. Well done Comfort Suites, I may be looking more for this brand when traveling....

1  Thank William L

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The price was a bit higher than some similar hotels in the area, but the room was clean and quiet and the pool made it fun for the entire family. There was a rip in the blackout curtain in our room and the timer on the waffle maker in the breakfast room did not work resulting in a burned waffle the first morning.
The coffee in the lobby was always fresh.
The location was good , close to the highway, but still quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your great review. We work very hard to make sure our guests have a positive experience and am so happy it showed.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

There was a courtesy staff person (Irene, I think her name was) who printed out directions for us to get to a grocery store, and even offered to bring up to us in our room on the third floor, a TV guide sheet. We are Platinum Choice members and stay at a lot of Choice hotels, and, right now, this is the nicest we've stayed at from SC to CA. The only negative thing aout our stay was how very long it took to get hot water. It went below freezing that night, so that may have something to do with it? I'm a retired marketing, mgt., and sales person, who has to give kudos to the mgt. of this hotel for putting a short, non-obnoxious note on our bill left under our door. It politely asked for a review on TripAdvisor. It told me that not only is the mgt. marketing oriented, but that they have the confidence to ask for, and desire to have, feedback of all kinds. At first I was too tired to write a well deserved positive review, but I am sitting in a Comfort Suites in Palm Desert, right now, and my experience here has been soo bad that I have to write a positive review just to calm myself down. I hope the mgt. of the Comfort Suites in Las Cruces NM, keeps up the good work!

Room Tip: top, back left hand side room (looking from front to back) was very quiet, and had a decent view of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your generous review. I am so pleased we were able to accommodate your needs. My team and I strive to exceed expectations and hope we accomplished that during your visit. I apologize for the water issue, I will look into that. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had a peaceful one night stay at the Comfort Suites. The front desk receptionist was friendly, the room well appointed and clean and the bed comfortable.
Breakfast was standard for hotel of this type. With the good rate we paid for the room this was a 'value stay'.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

We very much appreciate feedback and I will share it with our team. These responses serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience