“Very pleasant little hotel”

Sleep Inn Las Cruces
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for four nights and I was very comfortable. For the bargain price, the hotel is tidy, clean, light and airy and the staff are very friendly. Since I didn't have a car, I was grateful for the little shopping area that's directly adjacent. Also New Mexico State University is just across the road. The walls are a bit thin, so if you're unlucky enough to have noisy neighbors this could be problematic, but on the whole this hotel gave me fond memories and a pleasant experience. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
gmnm003, General Manager at Sleep Inn Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and will use this information to create an enjoyable stay for all of our guests in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Kelsey Kendrick

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pros: Ebony and Josie were awesome! They accommodated my room with a microwave after I asked about it because my room didn't have one.

Cons: When I called back tonight the guy hung up on me - He answered phone; I asked about a safe fee; I was told to call back in 10 minutes because someone was there; he then thought better and said he'd take my number instead of calling back and then he hung up on me. I stayed for 3 nights, had my wife, myself and my son in the room and day by day we received 2 towels, 2 towels and 1 towel. I went to the counter and said the maid must not like us very much because she never gives us enough towels. Bed comforters stained; light next to bathroom didn't work; maid kept turning up the cooler so it was hot every night. No Tip for the maid this time!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here a couple of months ago. As previous reviews pointed out, it's very basic, with no frills. However, that's all I really need. The room was comfortable and quiet. :)

The hotel is directly across the street from NMSU and within a 1-3 miles of many restaurants. Their breakfast is fairly simple, as is the fitness center. However, there is a 24 hour gym within walking distance. I think this is a great value in the city of Las Cruces.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hallway; very quiet there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Solid location in town close to the university. Easy parking. Property is in dire need of paint and some tender loving care. Was nice that the window opened as there was a great desert breeze the night we were there. Not a bad choice but for a single night only.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel has the setting sun and a view of Las Cruces.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff was very nice and it's close to the university, but the rooms themselves are very basic. The carpet was stained, of course, and the shower is very cheaply made. It's nothing fancy, but probably fine for one night. The overall rating should be 2.5 stars, but I was feeling generous because the staff was so friendly. I didn't eat the complimentary breakfast because it was so busy and there wasn't a place to sit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. We started off our vacation at another hotel where we had many problems and we had to move, so we called the Sleep Inn last minute to book a room. The staff was most accommodating of our situation. They were very friendly, knowledgable, and efficient and the room was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TennesseeTeena
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room and beds were very comfortable and the personnel were extremely friendly. I had stayed there three nights as this was the last stop of my journey. Breakfasts were fine with yogurt, frozen bagels, and fresh bread along with commercial doughnuts, danish, hard boiled eggs, and do it yourself fresh waffles. they also had sausage and I believe scrambled eggs. When I registered I had a 3*** feeling, but the longer I stayed I was more comfortable. The view of the mountains were absolutely fabulous and the drive to the university was quite short. This would have received a higher rating but the establishment did not have a pool nor fitness room. They did offer to send you to the gym across the road where there would be a $5 charge. Also the "business Center" and I use this term loosely was an archaic computer that had a today's date of 2003and worked extremely slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. The staff was not able to do anything as only an admin was able to fix ad there is not any admin around. Also there is a sign over the computer that there is a five page print limit and the prints could be obtained at the front desk. However when I printed a copy and went to the front desk, I was told that the computer was not connected to a printer. If you can do without a business center computer, pool and fitness room, it is 4 stores and an extrermely excellent value.

Room Tip: Standing outside in the parking lot you got a 360 degree view of the mountains. There is a sidewal...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family