“Cross country day 4”

Sleep Inn Las Cruces
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room and beds were very comfortable and the personnel were extremely friendly. I had stayed there three nights as this was the last stop of my journey. Breakfasts were fine with yogurt, frozen bagels, and fresh bread along with commercial doughnuts, danish, hard boiled eggs, and do it yourself fresh waffles. they also had sausage and I believe scrambled eggs. When I registered I had a 3*** feeling, but the longer I stayed I was more comfortable. The view of the mountains were absolutely fabulous and the drive to the university was quite short. This would have received a higher rating but the establishment did not have a pool nor fitness room. They did offer to send you to the gym across the road where there would be a $5 charge. Also the "business Center" and I use this term loosely was an archaic computer that had a today's date of 2003and worked extremely slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. The staff was not able to do anything as only an admin was able to fix ad there is not any admin around. Also there is a sign over the computer that there is a five page print limit and the prints could be obtained at the front desk. However when I printed a copy and went to the front desk, I was told that the computer was not connected to a printer. If you can do without a business center computer, pool and fitness room, it is 4 stores and an extrermely excellent value.

Room Tip: Standing outside in the parking lot you got a 360 degree view of the mountains. There is a sidewal...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had been staying at another propery in Las Cruces but had become concerned at teh amount of noise there (Quality Inn). So. I decided to give Sleep Inn a try. I was very happy with my stay there. The price was very reasonable and the accomodations lacking in nothing. From the internet, to the bed quality, all was very well maintained. Stay with confidence!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ClaimsMachine
gmnm003, General Manager at Sleep Inn Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for the feedback, we are happy to hear you had a great and restful stay. We hope to see you soon -GM

Reviewed August 10, 2012

For us just an en route overnight stay. Good quiet location away from road noise. Hotel is modern and very well air conditioned (in August important!). Comfortable beds, quiet rooms and while included breakfast was simple it included eggs and sausage.

Room Tip: We prefer top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCB-Bend

Thank you for the feedback, We are delighted you had a great stay with us. Best Regards, GM

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I based our stay on previous reviews and was dissappointed. When we arrived, the front desk person was not there and there was a sign saying they would be back shortly. He finally came in from outside and we got a room. We went down to the pool later and stopped to get towels and he was gone again. No towels by the pool. When I called the front desk he said they were in the dryer and would out in 20 minutes. about 40 minutes later I called again and he said he would bring some right in and never did. Stopped by the desk on the way back to the room and gone again. The room was on 2nd floor and no tub in the bathroom and the shower stall light kept going off. Room was an ok size but the beds were old and you would roll to the middle. No wireless access. Breakfast was standard, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs that were hard, cereal and muffins. If you want to be close to New Mexico college it's a good location for that.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank packy2
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Las Cruces one night and in Albququeque the next. The advertize that you stay two nights and you get free points enough for a free night but the catch is you have to make the reservations through the Choice Office which is very inconvenient because I don't know in advance how far I will make it by evening. It so annoyed me that I will try to avoid Choice motels for a year which will not be hard to do.

Other than that, I can't report anything wrong with the motel in Las Cruces or Albuquerque. The rooms are wonderful. The breakfast especially in Albququerque was wonderful they had waffle machines in both places. The hotels seem safe and everyone one there was nice. The Las Cruces motel is a bit fancier.

But I don't like being inconveniences and that added stress to my trip so I be staying at a different chain.

Room Tip: In both hotels it was a bit far from the elevator and I could maybe have requested a room closer to...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We just stopped here for one night... found the beds comfortable, the room clean and modern, the design pleasing, everything worked. Did not have the breakfast, but there seemed to be plenty of choices, the dinning room seemed large enough. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Sleep Inn is conveniently located near the I-25 and I-10 interchange. It is near a large hospital and New Mexico State University. It is located on the east side of the valley overlooking NMSU and the city of Las Cruces.

Check-in was fast and easy accomplished by a friendly staff. The lobby is well lighted with sofas and tables. Free newspapers are available in this area.

My room was clean with a smell to match. There was plenty of water and a decent sized shower. The beds were comfortable along with nice pillows. Other amenities can be found on their web site. For those who have forgotten personal care items, packets are available at the front desk.

The breakfast area is a little small, but there is plenty to eat (biscuits and gravy is enough for me) and a lady to keep the breakfast bar stocked.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family