“Great beds & pillows, watch out for computer”

Sleep Inn Las Cruces
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I spent 5 nights here while my mother-in-law was in the hospital. It is very close to I-25, NMSU campus, and one of the two hospitals. For me, the trip to Mountain View Hospital was a bit further, but not complicated. The room was what you would expect for this chain. It was clean, the TV worked well, there was a shower, and most of the amenities you would expect (shampoo but no conditioner). It did have both a fridge and microwave. The bed was super as were the pillows! I left my pillow in the car. The breakfast was OK, but I've seen better offerings at other hotels in this chain. My one complaint was with their computer. It was in the lobby, not very private. It kept losing the network (not a problem for me, but I used to run 4 computer labs), and it was an unsecured network. Don't use it for anything important or sensitive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Sleepinnuniversitynm, General Manager at Sleep Inn Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you for your Feed back. We will look into the network.

Reviewed October 29, 2010

I wasn't expecting much when I made the reservation. However when I checked in at 11PM the clerk was very nice, check in was fast. He gave us some great information about the hotel and surrounding area.
The room was clean and smelled good. The bathroom was clean and had a large walk in shower. The beds were very very comfortable.
The next morning the free breakfast was very good and the construction crew who were staying there were very funny.
We stayed there in the 12th and then on the way back from out trip on the 18th.
I will stay with them again whenever I travel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1911Fan
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed in May 2010. Really great room and nice people. Best of all-right across the street from the university. They had a bus load of kids from somewhere and it was a little noisy but..not too bad.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights while attending a convention get-together thing. All we did was sleep in the room and eat breakfast and we were gone all day long. The beds were fair enough, but I wadded up the bedding and slept in my personal travel sleeping bag. Room service was good enough and fresh towels (and a freshly made bed...) greeted us every evening. Desk help was fine and friendly for us.

My main complaint was that the bathroom door didn't fully close and of course it didn't lock either. The bathroom is also RIGHT NEXT to one of the beds. This was a little awkward since I was traveling with my teenage daughter (and 6 yr old son). The shower door stuck and was hard to close, but the shower itself was good.

Breakfast was oatmeal for us and that was adequate since we were eating out every day.

All in all, the room was worth what we paid (an excellent rate, actually) but next time I'll try to get a room at the Suites next door.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2008

This hotel was pretty good. Some of the architecture seemed a little dated to me, but is that really so important? No, it's not. What is important is that the staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was laid out in a convenient way, and the breakfast was sufficient. It wasn't a resort, but were you expecting one? It was a nice hotel.

The best part is that the place is dog-friendly. This was a must for us. When we went to breakfast, I guess our dog barked a little. The front desk lady was really kind about it when we apologized and told her that this never happens. (He's usually a quiet dog... I wonder if someone knocked on our door and he thought he needed to protect the place?)

Anyway, I don't know what there is to do in Las Cruces since we were just passing through, so I can't comment on the surrounding area. I can tell you that we got pizza from a nearby Pizza Hut, and I saw the ditzy girl who tried to charge me twice touch food without gloves, so I would recommend you find another place for dinner. As for the hotel though, it was nice enough and I would recommend it. But be sure to request a wake up call because I don't think the alarm clock was working...

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We stayed 2 seperate nights at the Sleep Inn, and have no complaints. The beds were comfortable and the internet worked ok.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed January 17, 2007

We stayed her last year at Easter and again in January when attending the Las Cruces Balloon Festival. Both times we had a large room with two double beds, a couch and seating area, afridge, and a microwave. The shower was small but happily the water pressure was great. The breakfast is bare bones and I skipped it. There's a decent Italian restaurant within walking distance as well as some shops. There were no noise problems. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2007