La Quinta Inn Las Cruces Mesilla Valley
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a good place for a comfortable bed and a hot shower. If you are going to Las Cruces with friends, well worth the price. No business center so if you are on business you might need somewhere else ..

Very nice staff, very helpful if you're not from the area.

Bottom line I would recommend

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for over 20 years. It really needs an upgrade badly. The entrance is fine. lobby looks ok, but in the room, ceiling tiles mismatched, frayed around the edges. Carpets need to be changed. I stayed across the street at the former Hampton Inn and that BADLY needed upgrading and I notice its been sold to another cut rate hotel chain. I realize you cannot upgrade services, ie: better breakfasts with fruits, etc, or hand cream offered in the rooms without charging more for the rooms. The price was nice, but you are losing business by not upgrading this hotel. This is a prime location across from I-10 & Cracker Barrel and your other facility-I did not know of that suites location?? Showing its age

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel was clean, did not smell of smoke and allowed pets. The breakfast was decent for free breakfast. The room was bigger than your average two queen bed room. The TV worked, I did not use the internet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Aztec, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is the "old" La Quinta in Las Cruces and it shows it's age. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, soft, springy - did not get a good nights sleep. I now absolutely prefer the "new" La Quinta on Hickory St.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The building was old looking, the grounds were full of trash, the sliding door to our unclean room was broken. It was so bad there should have been no room charge. My spouse and I were unable to sleep due to fear of roaches coming out of walls and/or burglar coming into our not secured room. We had traveled all day with our pets from Phoenix and were exhausted - so we settled for this. Would have felt more secure at a KOA

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Gallup, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ive read a few of the recent reviews and dont know where you people were staying!!!! I stayed here last weekend and it will be my last at a La Quinta. Checkin: Awesome clerk on duty at 10PM.
Went to our rooms and the smoke smell was dreadful to say the least 133!! Same for room 132.
Clerck put my wife and I in room 120 as she has asthma and was already wheezing(he forgot to add this room to my portfolio). Room 133 the next morning had the ceiling in the tub!!. Told the "NICE YOUNG GIRL" at the desk the problem and she told me I wasnt in 133 that I moved to 120 and a fiasco argument ensued and she told me she would kick me out of 120. COOLER heads did not prevail as I ask to speak to the manager and she gave me his card and told me I could reach him at the # on the card.and it rang back to the motel desk an she told me they dont work weekends!!! This motel should be shut-down by the health department with all the leaks and dogs crapping right by the pool area!!!!. One room the nite clerk showed me smelled like cat piss and the curtains were hanging down off the rods and the phones were in the floor and wiring hanging from the wall. All that said, on check Sunday the manager had comped 1 room to nites. I had left my # but as yet no call back. Next action is with La Quinta corporation. If you stay here your nuts!!!!!!!!

3 Thank shermanjim
San antonio, texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

bad carpet and charge one night wrong rate. over all just ok. parking area needs work location was great. the carpet in the stairs was very dirty and old. took away from the rest of the nice areas. and now it will not let me submit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple