“Their front desk staff is 7 star!!!”

SpringHill Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I've never had a problem at a Marriott and didn't expect one here, but I also wasn't expecting anything over the top. I was in Las Cruces for the Army so we were getting a super good rate with breakfast included.

Lets start with breakfast - because there was a large Military group in the hotel they let breakfast hours slide out past the 9am shut down and some of my guys got food as late as 10 am - outstanding. The food itself was a total surprise! It was only scrambled eggs but they weren't grey - can you imagine fresh hot eggs in a hotel breakfast bar where the breakfast is free? Unheard of. The lady who ran breakfast was so sweet and accommodating - "Would you like some OJ? I have some in the back?" Can I get you anything else? Wow what great service!

Then I forgot two framed certificates and called Eva at the front desk. "I'll go ahead and take those to the FedEx store myself tomorrow so they can get wrapped properly. What? Really? This can't be a result of training - this lady is too nice - good hire there make sure you keep her. The guy who worked the night desk was also very helpful and offer great advice on local spots - hope he doesn't go back to Seattle.

Downside of things? Ok nothing is perfect the room cleaning could have been a bit better and less hap hazard. One day I found bathroom counter items all over the floor and another day they had selected which of the two pizza boxes they wanted to throw out, but if I had spent 8 weeks cleaning up after Navy and Marine pilots and some Army slobs I too might let standards slide.

Beds were comfortable. Hotel was quite. The amenities were great (pool hot tub BBQ Gas outdoor fire etc)

Great spot to stop if you need to be in Las Cruces!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KidsTravelNews
GM_Springhill-Suites, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive and energetic review. The staff and management here take all our guest's feedback very seriously. I apologize for the downfall in housekeeping, as no matter how busy we take pride in our quality products and services. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The lobby looks all updated but the rooms not so much. Breakfast was okay if they would only keep it stocked.staff not overly friendly. Close to alot of restaurants so that was a bonus!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Oracle808
GM_Springhill-Suites, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. We are very excited as we are starting a full room renovation Feb. 6, 2012. The rooms will be updated to match our modern and vibrant lobby. We had some large groups in during your stay, and we should have done a much better job managing breakfast. I apologize and thank you for your comments, as we lave learned from this and have made this a top priority to improve. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I went thru priceline to get this room and didnt know what i was going to expect. I called to confirm and make sure they placed a crib in the room for my cranky toddler. As soon as we checked in i was pleased with the cozy temp since im always cold and the appearance.Very clean and in the room as well. I was a little dissapointed that my toddlers crib was just on the floor unassembed.I was hoping to just get in the room and place her in it, so my husband had to assemble the portable crib as i got her ready for bed. Bed is very comfortable,shower great lasting hot water without sign of mold and kitchen/pc station prepped for us as well.Wish i could stay one night longer....

Room Tip: Bring toothpaste and ask for them to assemble portable cribs if needed prior o your arrival.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize that the crib was not set up for you prior to your arrival, as it should have been. Your feedback only allows us to perform better, as I don't want any guests to be disappointed with their stay. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Carlsbad Caverns. The rooms were excellent. Clean, updated and an excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DMVDDS

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. The Springhill Suites Las Cruces works had at making sure we provide only the best for all of our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was our second stay at the Springhill Suites in Las Cruces and we have been pleased with both stays. The hotel is convenient to I-10 which accommodates travelers going to or from California, Arizona, Texas or other destinations along the long road. This stay I did have trouble with the wireless internet so the hotel operators actually transferred me to the on-call tech support person. Impressive.
Breakfast is nothing memorable but for families looking for a quite bite before venturing out for a long day of travel it’s more than satisfactory. For those wanting to avoid the commotion of the string of hotels along I-10 in El Paso (40 miles east), Las Cruces is a good alternative and the Springhill Suites fills the bill at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at the Springhill Suites, Las Cruces. We value your feedback as it helps us improve. We value your feedback regarding breakfast, as we want all of our guests to be completely satisfied. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is an older hotel and the rooms need updating. I've stayed at some of the newer Spring Hill Suites and I love them. This one needs a facelift. It looks like they did the lobby already.

The phone in my room didn't work.

It was OK.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_Springhill-Suites, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at the Springhill Suites, Las Cruces. We value your feedback as it helps us improve. We are very excited about our upcoming room renovation. Yes, the lobby and front area of the hotel was recently renovated and we are getting ready to renovate the rest of the hotel. We expect to be complete by the middle of next year, and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Comfortable room, good breakfast, friendly staff, and great military rates.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bigfoot1981
GM_Springhill-Suites, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for your positive response and for staying with us here at the Springhill Suites Las Cruces. We look forward to your return visit.