“Peaceful escape from 2 weeks in the desert... Great location - better service!”

SpringHill Suites Las Cruces
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed June 15, 2011

From checkin to checkout, Alex and the entire front desk staff made my stay at SpringHill enjoyable. They went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable during my two week business stay. 6 June was my birthday, and I was given directions to the quaint High Desert Brewery where I ended up returning several times to watch NHL and NBA finals games in a relaxed environment. Each night, the front desk was happy to turn the fire pit on where I'd relax and unwind from 12 hour days working at WSMR and Bliss. The best though was my wife in Maryland sent me a birthday present as a surprise. The SpringHill staff not only delivered it to my room, but when my wife asked if it had been dropped off - they physically went to my room and checked to reassure her my surprise was in place. Have been to 1 star and 5 star hotels for work and pleasure and your staff ranks right up there at the top! Thanks and I'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Request higher floor and near front desk/elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Las Cruces

Reviewed June 6, 2011

room was great, exceptional price, excellent breakfast, right off the interstate 10 easy to find. it was clean and people were friendly..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The only bad part of our stay was requsting room service to clean our room after 3pm. The desk clerk advised they would send someone and after 2 hours we were told room service personnel had left. While waiting in the lobby for friends 20 minutes after being told that, we watched 6 room service personnel leave. Not a fan of beinf lied to or mislead.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

This was a great hotel for the price. My family loved every minute of the stay. They really enjoyed the pool. I will be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Use Priceline. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed there for winefest and they were the advertised sponsor and only had 10 rooms for the "Special" So I paid $10 more for the same room because friends were staying there. First annoyance. When we got there the staff was nice enough but they were young and didnt tell us where our room was, small but a little annoying at a $100+ a night hotel. Second annoyance. When we came back from the winefest my girlfriend was burnt and about to throw up. When we tried to get in the door the electronic lock would not function. I thought it might be my key so I went and got another set of keys. Well that didnt work so I went to the front desk again and they called maintenance. Well we stood in the hallway waiting on maintenance for about 10-15 min all the while my girlfriend was going to throw up. He comes and tries his card key and says I have to get the master key. Third annoyance. When someone says their door doesn't work I would think to bring a master key. Well we had to switch rooms because the lock wouldn't work. The only room they had left was a handicap suite and everything is set up for someone in a wheel chair. So me being 6'2 trying to shower in a shower designed for someone in a wheel chair didn't work so well.

For my money I would not stay there again especially since another hotel (Which you pass to get to this one) is $40 less expensive.

1  Thank brianbat420
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Our stay at the SpringHill Suites in Las Cruces on May 6, 2011 was excellent. Checkin / checkout couldn't be easier, more professional or more pleasant. Our room was immaculate, and we slept very well. Our room was nicely quite despite being next to the pool, and we only heard a very faint amount of traffic noise (not enough to affect our sleep) despite the hotel being conveniently located next to the freeway. Breakfast was typical of Marriott properties, and very sufficient. This hotel would be great for business travel, and was perfect for our personal stay. The hotel is in like-new condition.

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Room was very spacious. Good if children are involved in the stay. Room was clean but a bit older. Went swimming, pool was dirty and no towels for swimmers. Amazing how loud the road noise was and it was a very, very windy night...the wind whistled through the window. The air conditioner was loud also. The upstairs tenenant would be heard "stomping".

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
GM_Springhill-Suites, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for the positive comments regardging the clean - spacious room and if children are involved in the stay. We are looking forward to a renovation later this year and will look into adding thicker weatherstripping around the windows to help prevent any road or wind noise. We are also happy to announce we will be replacing a/c units during that time as well. March - May are the area's windiest time frame, and although we do try to keep the the pool cleaned and maintained throughout the day the dust storms like to come in behind us and mess it up again. We will try to frequent the pool area more in the future to keep it better maintained. Again thank your feedback, as it helps us improve our services.