WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
TUCSON
“Super 8 was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have previously stayed at the Super 8 and needed the phone number for a reservation. I Googled it and read the reviews on line for your motel. One was not good and the other was fine. I called and talked with the owner. He assured me that they are not like the poor review. I used my AAA discount and made the reservation. My Golden Retreiver was along and I paid the extra $10.00. I found the room to be clean, the bathroom spotless. Even though the motel is next to a busy highway and next to a busy restaurant the noise was not an issue. I slept fine and will return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed 1 night, easy to find, with sat nav. Near to Freeway. Reception small, staff not to friendly. Room clean spacious, with 2 queen size beds, older TV, table and chair. Fridge and microwave with coffee making facilities. Bathroom clean and toiletries provided. Free WIFI , maybe would not stay again. Breakfast included cereals, toast, muffins, bananas , juice and coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marieanddon
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

While visiting Las Cruces this Fall I planned to stay at this hotel but decided not to because there was a smoking odor in my room. I thought that this room may be the issue so I explored the facility and found that the entire facility smelled like this. Now that I read the reviews, I'm thinking the smell may be from renovations. However, upon complaining of the smell I was told that I could get a refund. Due to scheduling conflicts, I wasn't able to get to the lobby until an hour later. I wasn't granted my refund and was treated very rudely. I feel that the Manager should have upheld the refund promise being that his employee gave me verbal approval, however, this was not the case. If the Manager's approach to this situation was professional and considerate, I may have a different view on this but I was immediately put at fault. I was told that because an hour had gone by, I wouldn't be granted a refund and that it is my own fault for not handling this business right away. I will definitely not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights while visiting Family and participating in the 2012 Walk to end Alzheimer’s. This was a great location for us since it was only 20 or 30 minutes away from the White Sands Base, our family is stationed here, and about 10-15 minutes from Young Park where the walk was held. Staff was friendly when we checked in and out, our room was clean and you can tell it had been remodeled recently. Bed was clean and comfy; carpet was clean as well as the bathroom. Noise level was not bad at all considering our room was right next to the stairwell and the hotel is next to the highway. The microwave and hair dryer in the room all worked fine our only complaint would be the refrigerator it had a foul odor like I had been cleaned, it was clean inside and out, and was closed immediately after with water still inside. The breakfast was good for us offering waffles, dry cereal, pasties, yoghurt, bagels and toast as well as coffee and juice the area was clean and had 3 decent sized tables to sit at. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands Area, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 5753821490.
Krefeld, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stopped here in November 2011 for a one night stay.
The Check In was quick and the staff was very friendly. I forgot my CC at the front desk but when I went through the lobby the next time it was given back to me!
Our room was clean and everything was on it´s place. The furnishings were a bit old but everything was functioning. The fridge was very noisy so we turned it off for the night.
Breakfast next morning was okay. The breakfast area was right in front of the front desk so there was very little space. But i've read that there is a new breakfast area now.
We had a good night for a good price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Hello Sim,
Thankyou for sharing your experience with other fellow travelers. Since you stayed here in november , hotel has improved a lot. With the addition of new breakfast area we have also upgraded the rooms by changing new carpets in room as well as in hallways. Our lobby looks much better now and you will see the new picture in coming weeks. Again thank you for the review and hopefully we will see you in future.

Management
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying 8 days at the Las Cruces/WhiteSands Super 8. I must say it was the best hotel stay I have ever had. I usually don't stay in hotels. This is one time that I'm glad I did. Dipesh and his wife Margareta are such wonderful manager/owners. You can see they are there for their customers. They really know how to treat people I say they are in the right business,and will do well in it. I can't wait until my next visit to Las Cruces, I will be staying at Super 8 Las Cruces/WhiteSands. I hope room 115 will be available at that time. Thank You Dipesh and Margareta.
L Philander

Room Tip: I was in room 115 and it was great .
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands Area, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Philander,
I'm glad that you had a gr8 stay at out hotel and thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We will wait for you to come back and visit us. Please let us know in advance so that we can reserve #115 for you. Once again thanks for making our hotel as a first choice of stay in Las Cruces.
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for the Las Cruces Horse Trials. The room was pretty clean when I checked in, but went downhill from there. There were hairs in the tub, and crumbs on the carpet. When I notified the front desk they were unable to send someone up till the next day. So the next day I noticed they had cleaned the tub, the rug was still filthy, and someone's old stinky socks were on my bed that I hadn't slept in. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank horsey10
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands Area, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Hello,
First of all I would like to apologize for responding late and secondly for not satisfying you completely. As far my knowledge I do remember your complain regarding the carpet not clean and it was taken care the very next day . It was in november that you stayed and it was the first month that we took over the buisiness. Currently we are undergoing renovation and alot of renovation have already been done that includes new breakfast area, new lobby,new granite sinks and toilets with new floor in guest rooms. In next couple of weeks we'll be done by changing new carpets through out the hotel. Also our service have improved since your last stay and our reviews says for itself. Next time you have a horse trail in Las Cruces,call me and I'll personally make sure that you folks have a wonderful stay at Super 8 white sands , if you choose to stay at my hotel.
Dipesh 575-382-1490