“If I were staying in a hotel in southern new mexico I'd stay at Hotel Encanto”

Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
florida
“If I were staying in a hotel in southern new mexico I'd stay at Hotel Encanto”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Location is very convenient, rooms are very nice and there's no outside noise. Desk clerk gave us a coupe of stellar recommendations for local mexican restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't eat in the hotel but my son raved about the muffins he had for breakfast. Government rate is more than reasonable considering the accommodations. View of the Organ mountians was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Artesia, New Mexico
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This appears to be a former Hilton Hotel. The hotel staff were all friendly and accommodating. The public areas were clean and well-kept. The room was clean, but looked somewhat stuck in the 1980's. The popcorn ceiling and the extremely small bathroom are characteristic of that time frame. If it were not for those things, I would rate this a great place to stay. As it was I have to rate is as a decent opportunity for the money paid. Does have free Wi-Fi, but the speed was terrible both during the day and evening.

Port Orchard, WA
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We had not been to this hotel for six years when it was part of the Hilton chain. We were pleasantly surprised that Heritage Hotels has kept the standards we are used to. Room, food, service was all excellent. It will be our home in Las Cruces whenever we visit.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed here the night of 09/14/09. Check-in was effortless and we were shown our room, #701, quickly. We were placed on the top floor in the Executive level; this is a free up-grade from the regular rooms. It was quiet, the room was large and the bed comfortable. The bathroom is small by comparison with other hotels of this size. The pillows were great for lounging, but for sleeping they were too large and bulky. We also took advantage of swimming in the pool; it was clean and offers an area for those who enjoy lap swimming. There is an on-site Hertz car rental kiosk for those needing transportation in and around Las Cruces. We did not dine in the restaurant or use the bar. The hotel is a bit dated, but still nice. I rate this hotel 2 1/2 stars out of 5. The total bill was $112.00.

Isleta Pueblo
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Each time that I have stayed at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, I have experienced a warm and friendly welcoming.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed August 29, 2009

I worked on a low budget movie with a mostly local crew. Three of us were flown in. I thought I would be staying in another crew member's home. I was surprised, not only to be booked at a hotel, but at how nice it was!
The staff member I encountered most was Steven King (How can I forget that name?), the night guard. He could not have been any friendlier. He always stopped to talk to us, provided advice about the hotel and the area.
The room was large with two beds, a desk, and a good sized bathroom.
After shooting for twelve to fourteen hours, this was the perfect place to end the day.
Thank you, Encanto!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
New Mexico
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stayed 5 nights for conference. Great location, very friendly service, and rich cultural decor and atmosphere. Pool a little small for a larger hotel, but in a nice setting. Reasonably good onsite food (at least for breakfast, I didn't eat any other meals there). For off-site food and fun, check out Farley's),

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business