“Excellent hotel...”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
albuquerque
“Excellent hotel...”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Very clean room and size is great. Room service very nice. Overall hotel very inviting. I have mentioned this hotel to others for when we go down in October...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We arrived at Encanto at 1 am as just a stop over place on our way to San Anotnio. Last minute reservations and we are traveling with my 1 daughter in a wheelchair and my 2 other daughter and hubby. So we needed 2 rooms one accessible. They not only found us an accessible room and a double room right next to each other but pool side too! From the comfy beds and the unique furnishings to the beautiful views and excellent customer service, you will not be disappointed. We also got a very good price through travelocity.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Azusa, California
Reviewed May 20, 2009

From the moment the hotel bell captain volunteered to find me an early tee time at a local golf course, I knew I had hooked up with a winner. Wife felt home like pampered, with the dream beds, attentive hotel employees and beautiful city view from our room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Beautiful hotel - well maintained; clean; good service; friendly staff. Excellent food!! We were traveling with a 7 month old baby who is not always cooperative when it comes to eating out so we ate a great deal of room service. Excellent! It was a little pricey, but definitely worth it. The only criticism I have is that they should really think about updating their rooms - TV is dated, so are their beds. To charge the prices they charge, they should really consider renovating the rooms to reflect more modern amenities. Oh, and they should also include a refrigerator in the room - it would be very beneficial for those traveling with children or simply for those of us who want a place to store a soda for later...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
MA
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights when my husband had a interview in Las Cruces. The interviewer put us up there. The lobby was beautiful. The cafe breakfast was good. The room was clean and adequate,though the bed was not comfortable, nor were the pillows (but I like a firm bed and pillows, so others may like theirs.)

The location was convenient to shopping and such, with the mall across the street. Several restaurants are in walking distance.

Overall, a decent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 7, 2009

WOW! I remember this hotel when it was the Hilton of las cruces, and the new ownership has done nothing but improve on a good thing. I stayed for nearly a week, with GREAT group room rates. The facility was immaculate, the bar was a great way to finish off the evening! The staff was always curteous and helpful. The one irk I had....

I was suprised that such a nice, high end establishment wouldnt offer something for breakfast. Coffee and a roll! Anything! When I said that to the guy at the front desk he was fairly rude in his response.

Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Michigan
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I was eager to stay at the Hotel Encanto in Las Cruces because of all of the favorable reviews. I think they were all accurate, except for one small thing... that the walls were paper thin and you could literally hear the people in the next room cough, talk, etc. Even with the air conditioning cranked up and the fan on high, you could still hear every word, every cough, etc. Perhaps I had a unique room (7th floor), but I doubt it. Very disturbing, and something that will prevent me from going back.

Aside from the paper-thin walls, everything else was great:
- Location. Up on a hill, so even if you got lost, you could always find it. Nearby lots of restaurants and the mall across the street.
- Rooms. Good decor, clean. Good free wireless internet. Great views out the window.
- Air conditioning. Good a/c.
- Bathrooms. Good bathrooms with coffee, great Aveda products (my favorite).
- Staff. Very attentive and quick with everything.

If you have a hearing problem, and can take out your hearing aids, this would be the ideal place. Otherwise, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo