“Bad service”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Los Angeles, California
“Bad service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

As I sit here in THE MOST EXPENSIVE room this hotel had to offer, I have to think about how very important service is. Soon after I checked into my room I realized that the door to the pool was literally rattling our walls every time it would close. I called the front desk 5 minutes after arriving and asked to change rooms. It was CLEAR to me that this request was just too much for this poor service staff. So now I sit...Bang. Bang. Bang. Apparently, maintenance is trying to fix the problem as I type...we shall see. Other than this- the hotel is clean and basically nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travandboo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
London
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a fine modern hotel in the centre of Las Cruces. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The lobby exudes a south western USA atmospheric mix of Anglo/Spanish colours and style. The rooms are large and very clean. There is a good sized pool. The hotel restaurant offers very good Mexican style food (and takes it easy on the chillies on request).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AddickMark
hotel705, Lane Fulps- FD Agent at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear AddickMark,

Thank you for your recent trip to Hotel Encanto. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the ambiance of our decor, and that our staff was so inviting. We will be conveying your positive comments to them. Thank you also for mentioning our brand new pool area. We are proud to have it as part of our guest experience and we are glad you found it to be a great addition. Our Gardunos' restaurant prides themselves on their authentic southwestern menu, and it is great that you found it to be quite delectible. Again thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is our second visit to Hotel Encanto. The first time was a few years back. . . Let me begin by saying this hotel has some very fine and unique touches, very indicative of the southwest, some very beautiful furnishings. They recently remodeled the pool area, which is spectacular. The one thing we have noticed each time are the small details that have not been addressed.
Unfortunately, the ceilings still contain old "popcorn" and have not been updated, nor have some of the carpets, wall paper and there is an off putting cigarette smell throughout the room areas (at least where we stayed - corner upper floor king). The bathrooms are very basic, and when you see other areas of the hotel so nicely appointed, you expect all details to be addressed, but they have not. It's feels like a standard older Hilton hotel, that has been given some make-up, but not a full facelift.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KEStravels
Dear Kim S-

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As always we strive for perfection and it is wonderful feedback such as this that allows us to listen to our guests. Thank you for mentioning our brand new pool area, we agree that it is spectacular, and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. However, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations in regards to your room. These issues will be addressed and your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department managers, so we may continue our tradition of giving each and every guest a cultural experience that is beyond anything they could have expected or imagined.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited Las Cruces on a Friday evening on the spur of the moment. We drove down without a reservation anywhere. Based upon Trip Advisor reviews, I decided to stop at El Encanto to see if there was availability. The receptionist was incredibly friendly and offered me a weekend rate (which I believe was $89). We were assigned a mountain view room and encouraged to visit the newly renovated pool area.

The pool is indeed outstanding. It's beautifully appointed with comfortable lounge chairs and umbrellas and poolside beverage and food service is offered. One level up from the pool area is an inviting outdoor lounge area with fire pits that are lit each evening.

The room was spotless and tastefully decorated. The bed was awesome! My only complaint was the noise we heard from Barley's, a bar/restaurant that is across the street. They feature outdoor entertainment and the band's noise was SO loud. At one point, I thought our window was open. I had to use ear plugs until the band ended their session for the night--around 11:00 or midnight.

Next time, I'll forego the mountain view and request a room that is as far from Barley's as possible.

The location is good. It's right off of I-25 and an easy drive to Mesilla or El Paso. I'll definitely return to El Encanto!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Muriel12-

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us. It is very good to hear that our front desk provided you with great care, and that the room you were given was aesthetically pleasing as well as comfortable for you. Thank you also for mentioning our new pool and patio, it is an addition to our hotel that we are proud to have completed. We hope you will enjoy them again the next time you visit, whereupon we will do our best to place you in a quieter room with a view that is equally stunning.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Chris the manager took really good care of us along with his wonderful staff! The new pool area is quite impressive and we loved our friendly waitress for our morning breakfasts. The location is quite convenient to the area shopping and we loved driving over to Mesilla.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Left of Center
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A beautiful hotel. Centrally located to everything you need (and close to both hospitals, in case you are needing to be close to ailing loved ones, as I had to be). I would suggest that if you want a good night's sleep on the weekend, you might ask for a room away from Azul bar & lounge.Totally a beautiful and happening joint, but the bass will keep you up. :) The last morning of my stay, the sink bubbled up with something black & the shower wouldn't quit running - so I suspect there was a simple plumbing issue they needed to fix (and the man at the front desk noted it and apologized, but really, stuff happens!). The beds are comfortable. It''s a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: As I said before - maybe ask for a room away from Azul. Seemed my room was right above entrance and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travel76bug
Las Cruces
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces over the weekend of August 16, 2013, and just loved the new pool area! I couldn't believe how much it had improved since the last time we were there. It felt like we were at an upscale resort. The palm trees and flowers were beautiful, and the larger sized pool was so enjoyable. We had a nice room that had a door right to the pool area. Your patio menu was great, too, and the waitress working at the pool was very attentive. The employee who checked us in at the front desk was very friendly and professional, too. Overall it was a very nice time and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The pool level is great for the summer, but we also have stayed on the higher floors with the city v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family