“Urine, mold in room, management doesn't care!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Urine, mold in room, management doesn't care!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a copy of the email I sent to the management, I didn't hear anything back from them. Plus look at the pictures of the mold in the bathroom and urine on the carpet in my room!

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am sorry to say that I am writing this email to state my disappointment with Hotel Encanto. I stayed here last year about this time and had a wonderful experience, sad to say, I can't say the same about this stay. I am in room 309, March 8 - 10, 2013.

To start off, the vent in the bathroom has been overrun with dust bunnies, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a very long time. If you are going to re wallpaper the bathroom, get someone who knows what they are doing, around the mirror looks like a youngster did the work.

The only reason the "main room" vent was clean was because the heat was stuck on high and I had to have maintenance come up to turn it off. I had to open the windows to cool off the room and one side had no screen! When maintenance came, he told me the "owner" is trying to save money and wants to remove all screens. The view out my window overlooks the entrance. I expect to see the roof, but it is ugly to say the least. There are lose tiles flapping in the breeze, cinder blocks holding down and tied to what looks like phone cables, and obvious leaks in the roof.

The furniture is miss-matched and not functional, in fact I cut my leg on the desk. The armoire is cheap looking, especially with the faux distressed look, not something I would highlight in my room. The arms for the desk chair are so low, the chair would be more comfortable without them. Electrical outlets are not conveniently located. The bed sags about 2 - 3 inches in the middle, making sleeping uncomfortable.

The high-speed Internet connection is slow and keeps dropping. Your Welcome Book states to call Last Mile Research's tech support line at 1-800-605-4227. I have two problems with that. First; I am not staying at the Last Mile Research hotel, and secondly; when you call the number it is not in service.

In conclusion, I did not enjoy my stay and not only can I NOT recommend this Hotel to my friends and family, I will have to strongly suggest they NOT stay here when in town.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cliff_Garstka_Sr
hotel705, General Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mr Garstka,
We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts about your latest stay. We regret that you didn’t enjoy your time at our beautiful hotel. Given the unusually poor description, we set out to research your concerns. Initially, our Rooms Division Manager spoke with you about your experience after becoming aware of it and prior to your review posting. We always welcome the opportunity to discuss a guest’s experience directly. We appreciate our maintenance personnel’s quick response to your room temperature concern. It seemed like an atypical response for a team member about our facility but we have addressed this with our team. We continue to stress to all staff to be especially responsive and courteous during the construction of the significant outdoor enhancements that our owner is generously providing for our guests. Our room décor is very distinctive, reflecting the culture and history of our region, and is overwhelmingly appreciated by our guests. We did find and remove the wine (not urine) stain from your room and asked our housekeeping staff to double their efforts to find all areas that need immediate attention. We have also replaced the rusted towel rack that was described incorrectly as moldy. Thank you again for the opportunity to improve and we hope that you give us another chance to show you that your recent stay was the exception to the wonderful experience that most people experience at Hotel Encanto.

Belia Alvarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This our third stay in this hotel, but the first time under the new ownership & management. My first impression was very positive and I give the credit to all the staff starting with Front Desk, Room Service, Housekeeping and the Restaurant personnel...all were very professional and attentive. Ambiance is understated, relaxed, Spanish colonial and the fountain is a beautiful focal point in the lobby.

-Rooms - Rooms have all the basics and were clean, but could use some improvements such as: flat screen TV's & updated/rennovated bathrooms.
-Lobby- Very welcoming & elegant.
-Room Service- Was fast, accurate, and the food was tasty.
-Restaurant- Food was flavorful, courteous service, and reasonably priced.

Overall this was a very pleasant and joyful stay. Definitely will return after the new swimming pool complex is built.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Senior Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We hold high costomer service standard and it is wonderful to read that all department met your expectations. Just to clarify since 2006 we have been with Heritage Hotels and Resorts, we do have a new General Manager Belia Alvarez who joined our team in August of 2012. She truely is a remarkable leader and we look forward to bringing Hotel Encanto to a higher level of service for our valued guests. We look forward for your next visit and your feedback on our property enhancements which are to be completed in mid June.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had to go to Las Cruces for a business meeting and my secretary made a reservation for me at this hotel. I had my daughter and puppy with me, so I knew my options were limited to hotels that accept pets. Most times, the choices are not stellar. Boy, was I surprised.

The lobby area is beautiful, warm and inviting. The front desk staff is on par with any 5-star resort, and they went above and beyond for me. This statement is true for all six people I had contact with at the front desk.

Upon entering the guest room, my daughter said "It looks like we're in a castle!" The room was generous in size, clean, well appointed and the bed was fantastic! We even took advantage of the breakfast ordering card in the room. The room services prices were more than reasonable (less expensive than going out to breakfast), it arrived right on time and every bite was delicious.

There is major construction going on around the grounds of this hotel, including the closure of the "lower" parking lot which means that you have to park quite some distance away from the door. When the construction is complete, this hotel will compete with the finest hotels anywhere.

I will definitely stay here again. In fact, I may make more "reasons" to go to Las Cruces, just so that I can!

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the hall on the lobby level (2nd floor) are amazing. The windows are much t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear 85lisam85,
Thank you from the entire team at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces for the five star rating. We are so thrilled that you stayed with us during a business trip and we exceeded you expectations. I also have a young daughter that enjoys visiting the property to go into fantasy land. We invite you and your family back to share in a unforgetable cultural experience.
Andrews, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

What a beautiful place, lobby is outstanding, hallways and elevator areas are just as inviting. Customer service is outstanding starting with reservation confirmation, welcome/directions/info e-mail and ending with awesome people. The room, small problems, light bulb out, lamp not working, bed pretty firm without much of a pillow top. Linens were excellent, lots of comfy pillows, great comforter. The restaurant was INCREDIBLE! Food was amazing and our server was excellent. Locals, it seems, eat there often. Hotel is in process of new construction on pool area and gardens. Somewhat of a pain to deal with but cant wait to see how it turns out! Hopefully done April/May 2013. Room for improvement but all in all a great stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to share with TripAdvisor readers. We are happy that we exceeded your lodging expectations from the moment that you made your reservation till the time you checked. We invite you back once our project is complete which will be in mid June. Thank you for being patient and we appreciate your excitement in our property enhancements.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was one of the best that I have stayed in. My stay was a extended one and enjoyed every moment of it. The Hotel is a beautiful at that with nice rooms and comfortable beds. Ask for the mountain view rooms. I have to say that the staff was very friendly, reliable and courteous. This hotel also includes a mexican restaurant with happy hour and one of the nicest bars in town(Azul). I would like to thank everyone on the staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Mountain views or Sunset views. Can't go wrong with either.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear 169MarkM,
Thank you for your kind and generous comments concerning our staff. Our staff always makes every effort to ensure our guests comfort , and we are very pleased our commitment shows . The Organ Mountains are a lovely addition for our guests and we are glad you enjoyed the views. We are excited your experience in Azul and Garduno’s restaurant was so enjoyable and your room was everything you expected. We look forward to your return visit with us at Hotel Encanto.
PALM BEACH GARDENS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel and appreciated the courteous staff. Ate at the restaurant for dinner bec. we walked out of a restaurant in Old Mesilla, and were treated to delicious food. The sopapilla with icecream and strawberries was fantastic. The rooms are good size, a bit dated, and location is great. Loved the New Mexican charm.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. Didn't hear any construction.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tennismaven
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and our authentic food in our restaurant and the distinctive décor and charm of our hotel. Our staff strives to make each visit a memorable one for our guests. We are always appreciative of suggestions concerning the hotel so we are able to better serve and improve your experience at Hotel Encanto. Again thank you for taking your time to share your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and very easy to find, a big plus for us since we were unfamiliar with the area. The lobby is stunning and the rooms are just as well decorated. The restaurant in the lobby was DELICIOUS. Much better than I was expecting. The table next to ours was a group of locals who come for breakfast, that alone should erase any doubts as to the quality of the meal. While I doubt we will be back in that part of the country any time soon, I would definitely stay here again if we were. LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and are so very pleased you enjoyed the unique experience here at Hotel Encanto and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We here at Hotel Encanto are always committed to making our guest stay with us a special memory for them. Thank you for your time and we are so happy you LOVED IT!