“thin walls”

Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Don't get me wrong. This is a nice hotel and the rooms were very comfortable, other than the small bathrooms. But my husband and I had a hard time sleeping as we could hear everything going on in other rooms! If anyone was just a little louder than normal conversation, we could hear it all. And I normally sleep very well. Wish I could rate it better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KrisH88
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear winger07,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces when visiting the area. I apologize to you and your husband for not being able to rest well. We are able to control noise complaints if we are notified at the Front Desk. You being a Senior Reviewer your comments are very much appreciated. We hope that you will give us an other opportunity to show the hospitality we are known for.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

After reviewing over 50 pet friendly historic and luxury hotels, I have a rating system whereby I start by giving a property 5 stars and then deducting stars for deficits—the five star rating (which I rarely give) I awarded to the Hotel Encanto for an A+ report card.
Value for price-check
Hospitality and service-check
Restaurant-check (tasty, fresh and ample portions of traditional New Mexico dishes)
Room Service-check
Cleanliness and attractive decor-check
Guest Rooms-check : Sound proof room, Spanish colonial decor and original New Mexico artwork, details (hand painted tiles and sink in bathroom),comfy firm mattress
Pet friendly-check+: dining in lobby, pet gift, potty areas, full access to hotel)
Freebies-check: Wifi, parking, bottled water, gym, library (you can borrow or keep books)
Convenient location-check
Environmentally and civic minded-check: The Encanto actively supports local causes and artists.

Our standard room rate was $109. If your planning a road trip east or west on the 1-10 or heading north or south on the I-25, this is a great place to relax and reenergize. There is even a full service salon and day spa on the premises.

Room Tip: Excavation has begun on new outdoor swimming pool and landscaping-our room on the lobby floor was ex...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hotel Encanto is a jewel. We loved the architecture and art in the lobby and throughout the hotel. Our room was large, elegant and clean. The restaurant on site was top notch. I had their shrimp tacos and the shrimp were delightfully fresh. The fried ice cream was yummy. We were on a long road trip west and Hotel Encanto was an oasis.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed the weekend at this facility, and I absolutely loved it! Our room was spacious clean and beautifully decorated! My job is as a quality/environmental inspector, and I find it hard to restrain myself and not be so critical when we check in at hotels. But this facility is truly a gem. Pride of ownership is really evident. At check in the staff was gracious enough to accommodate us with an in room refrigerator to store my husband’s medication. The lobby is spacious and inviting. This hotel is close to many, many things to do. In hotel is a Garduno’s Restaurant (Careful if you can’t handle spicy food!)...Bar, dance club & spa. The mall is located directly across the street! Only a few things I would mention as needs some looking into…I arrived excited to book a relaxing massage in the spa, I was told they were booked for up to a week and a half? Really? Can you say lost revenue? I was really looking forward to some R&R. Shower pressure was awesome! But the changing water temperature- not so much. And although the room was spic and span- seems like someone has been overlooking the vents (True indicator for attention to detail!) And since the spa was booked- a nice fuzzy in-room robe would have been nice to do some lounging in…It appears this hotels is undergoing some pool renovations and is planning some other exciting things! Keep up the good work. We will return the next time we are in Las Cruces!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just spent a weekend in Las Cruces and stayed at the Encanto. it is an incredible bargain with amazing facilities: gym, pool (coming up), excellent restaurant, bar, and excellent meeting facilities including those providing weddings and receptions. The decor is beautiful SW style, and the hotel is not a chain but a New Mexico-based owner/corporation. We found absolutely no negatives about our stay and will always return here when visiting Las Cruces. I don't think what this hotel offers could be exceeded by a hotel anywhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive suite which had a fantastic view, totally reasonable price, and luxurious...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Judyrae_13
Thank you for the five star review. We are happy that we exceeded your lodging expectations. I wanted to mention to you, when you stay at any of the Heritage Hotels and Resorts we give a portion of the room revenue to a Community Cultural Partner. We welcome you back to see our completed pool and garden enhancements.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Facility is clean, they are pet-friendly, knowledgeable staff, impeccable housekeeping and one of the best in-hotel restaurants I have visited (Gardunos). Bar and lounge a bit of a madhouse at night, but certainly does not disturb any hotel business. And - if your looking for companionship, I would guess this would seem to be a very good place to find it. Location is convenient to all parts of Las Cruces, shopping and dining across the street and down the corner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We are happy that you had a terrific experience while being our guest. You being a TripAdvisor Contributor your positive review means alot to us. We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located next to I-25 and is near lots of restaurants. However, the restaurant on the premises, Garduno's, is excellent and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner so in our opinion, there is no reason to go elsewhere.

The rooms are comfortable and we love the old colonial Spanish decor. And the fact that we can bring our little pet along is wonderful. Too few nice hotels allow pets!

We often find ourselves traveling through Las Cruces and this is our accommodation of choice.

Room Tip: City views are nice at night - mountain views during the daylight hours.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear nombres02,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments with TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that our hotel meets your lodging expectations, it is very imporant to us to accommodate all of our guest needs and allowing pets is one thing alot of travels appreciate. Its is wonderful that you find our location ideal when coming to Las Cruces, you being a Senior Contributor your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your return business and look forward to your next visit.