“Wheelchair Accessibility review”

Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A beautiful hotel with a great restaurant where we were allowed to bring our dog as long as we sat at one of the tables just outside the main area, in the hallway. Worked for us! Our mobility accessible room was clean, quiet and spacious. Lots of room in the bathroom and I could pull in under the sink with plenty of clearance for my knees. But the bed was too high, about 7 - 8 inches higher than my wheelchair seat which is 22 inches, so I could not transfer onto it. What good is a supposedly accessible room when you can't access the bed?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear janno46,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to read that you found Hotel Encnato to fit your needs. We apologize that our bed was to high for you to easlier transfer to it. Honestly no one had brought that to my attention, I will look to see what I can do to accomodate future guests. We apprecitate your feedback as a Contributor of TripAdvisor.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband & I have stayed here several times over the last few years. It is a great place to stay. The hotel is beautiful and very spacious. I love staying on the 7th floor. Fabulous daytime views of the mountains and beautiful nighttime views of the city depending on which side you are staying on. The bar is great and the restaurant has great food. It is close to the mall, which I love. The staff and service is supreme and the overall atmosphere is very relaxing. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Seventh floor rooms are the best of all. Great views no matter which side you are on.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr & Mrs lildipr,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto when visiting Las Cruces. We appreciate your continuous business. It is great to read that you have had the opportunity to enjoy Gardunos and Azul. Also, thank you for mentioning the service level you have recieved during your visits. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is centrally located, beautifully decorated, with lovely outdoor heated pool and whirlpool area and excellent restaurant. A portion of each room cost goes to support local artists and cultural activities, so you can feel good about making a contribution while feeling good about having such a great holiday in a beautiful corner of New Mexico!

Room Tip: I like having a higher room with a view of the mountains but others might like to request a pool sid...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Marilyn H,

Thank you for posting your positive feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We appreciate that you recognized Heritage Hotel and Resorts as giving back to the community. We are excited that we are in partnership with the Taylor-Barela-Reynolds State Monument and that a portion of our room revenue is to support there programs.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was there about a month ago. The service was great (especially in the cafe), the food was excellent, and the rooms were very nice. I plan to stay there again in the near future. I recommend it to anyone coming to Las Cruces to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

In town for business in Las Cruces a lot and I love staying at this hotel. It's beautiful, for one thing and the people that work there are fantastic for another. I enjoy joking around with the people that work the front desk as they have great senses of humor. They have a great lounge and a wonderful restaurant inside also. I travel a lot and this is one of my favorite places to stay.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr Larry J,

Thank you for giving Hotel Encanto such a great review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you are enjoy visiting with our staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Spent two weeks at the Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces on business. The Hotel is very comfortable and everyone is very friendly. Most notable was the staff in the cafe, in particular Charlene. I had breakfast there every morning was was greeted with a smile and felt very welcomed. The food in the cafe was really good and combined with the upbeat environment, my mornings got off to a great start!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Kathy C,

Thank you for your feedback during your two week visit at Hotel Encanto do Las Cruces. It is wonderful that our service level was recogized and mentioned. Charlene is an outstanding Supervisor and team member. She will be rewarded for her service. We appreciate your business and look for to your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Hotel Encanto for a reunion. The hotel is is a great location close to many restaurants and malls. We appreciated the shuttle service with friendly drivers, who could take us to restaurants and pick us up. Although our room was right off the beautiful lobby, it was very quiet. It was actually a convenient location close to the pool, fitness room, restaurant, and lobby. The air conditioning did not work well. However, we were not in our room often during the day and the nights were cool with the window open. As part of our group package, we received vouchers for the All-American breakfast. One day our friendly waitress offered to substitute a fruit cup for eggs, which I do not eat. The next day a different unfriendly waitress said that was not allowed. It would be preferable to offer a voucher for a fixed amount that could be applied to any breakfast item. The service in the restaurant was slow. On the day that our group had a 7AM tour, only one waitress was on duty when the restaurant opened at 6AM. She was very efficient, but it was too large a group for her to handle by herself. Our reunion ended with a banquet with delicious food and excellent service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Nancy R,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor, being a Senior Reviewer your feedback is very important to us. It is wonderful that you found the location of the hotel to benefit your needs. I am happy that you and your group used our shuttle service and that it was helpful during your visit. Also, that you recogized our beautiful lobby and were comfortable in our rooms. I do apologize the the confusion in Gardunos with your groups breakfast, we as managers need to communicate to our servicers on what the coupons entail. It is great that you enjoyed your last evening with a wonderful banquet. We hope to see you and your group on another reunion.