“Best Spa Experience, Mercedez Salon and Spa”

Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Sterling, VA
“Best Spa Experience, Mercedez Salon and Spa”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I travel to Las Cruces every couple of months and my last trip I finally had a chance to try the spa. I have to say my spa experience was the best i've had! Very friendly and accomodating staff. I had a cut and color, actually a color correction and I just love the results! Also had mani/pedi and massage. The massage was the best i've ever had, Highly recommend all the services I had! I'm returning in March and already have another massage booked AND the $149 endermologie and body wrap.

Room Tip: Advise getting a poolside room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The hotel was actually nice but I had a bad experiemce at the mercedes spa. I went for a much needed massage ( I have been having back pain for several weeks). I was asked to fill out a form describing in which areas I would like more focus in the massage. Also, twice more during the massage, I told the therapist that my back was hurting and I could not seem to get comfortable. Through all of this, she continued to concentrate on my legs. I was SUPER disappointed especially because I was so vocal on what I needed from the massage.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
hotel705, Front Office Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
We appreciate that you took the time and posted the experience that you had in Mercedes Salon and Day Spa. We took your comments very serious, our General Manager contacted the owner of the salon so that they would be fully aware of the experience that our guest had. We hope that they will reach out to you to resolve this issue. Thank you.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Hotel Encanto is like my home away from home I've been to this hotel many times and have always been treated with a warm welcome from the staff. However, this time around things were a little different. While walking up to the front desk I got a cold feeling from the front desk agent Amanda with blonde hair. She was rude to me during check in and other times during my stay. The room was great overlooking the city and very cozy. The fire alarm went off during the night but it was not a problem for me since it was turned off right away and only a test. I was told the hotel was going to be remodeled in some way outside. However, I truly think that the company should invest the money in updating the TVs in the rooms and work on the water pressure on the higher floors.
I have to thank Chad and Diana for making my stay enjoyable and very FRIENDLY. Can't wait to stay here again on my next business trip to Las Cruces.

Room Tip: If you would like a quite room don't get a room over looking the city. Even though I was on a hi...
1 Thank Cupcakelover86
Dear Cupcakelover,
Thank you for posting your comments, we found them encouraging and positive. It is great to see that you are a returning guest and we truely appreciate you choosing Hotel Encanto as your home away from home. I have shared your posting with my front desk agents and will use this as a training tool. Thank you, for your understanding on the fire alarm, we were able to complete our test with no issues. We will be doing renovations to the property thoughtout the year and looking forward to share them all with our valued guest. Thanks again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The hotel lobby is very impressive and is what you would expect of a high end hotel in the Southwest. The room however was very average. No flat screen TV and a small bathroom and tub/shower combo. They did offer the opportunity to upgrade to the corner King room which had a flat screen, water in the room, and a robe to use. Since I was only staying one night I didn't cough up the extra $10 for the upgrade.

On the plus side the room had a great A/C unit, a very comfortable bed, and very hot water to shower with, and the hotel is in a great location.

I hope they update all the rooms soon so that the hotel does not fall down the list of places to stay in Las Cruces.

1 Thank Savsam68
We appreciate you for taking the time and posting your experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the lobby unique. Its also wonderful that you had a great night sleep. We will continue to upgrade our entire facility and strive to be the first choice of all travelers coming to visit Las Cruces. Thanks again for the review.
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotel Encanto between Christmas and New Years, and could not believe the quality of the hotel for the price we paid, especially that time of year! The hotel is easy to find, centrally located, within easy walking distance of many nice restaurants for dinner, and a grocery store for breakfast and lunches. (Although we did not use the Hotel's restaurant, it looked absolutely lovely! We pretended by bringing our store bought muffins and juice and hotel coffee and sitting in the beautiful lobby next to the fountain!) The rooms were clean and spacious, and the hotel employees were eager to provide us with an endless supply of coffee. The highlight of our stay, though, had to be relaxing in the hot tub, in the meticulously landscaped pool area, soaking under the palm trees and under the stars, after a long day of hiking in the Organ Mountains. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: as always, the higher the better...rooms on the east side get to watch the sunrise over the Organs...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, CA
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at Hotel Encanto while exploring the sights of El Paso and southern New Mexico. We liked everything about the hotel and think it may be the nicest hotel in the area. We were traveling during the winter and the prices were very reasonable for a property of this class. The lobby is nice and cozy and the rooms have great views. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MBRob
Deming, New Mexico
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions, the last time in December. The employees have always been courteous and helpful. The rooms are nice, clean, and spacious. I originally picked this hotel because of its proximity to the places i was going to meet up with friends to have dinner and drinks (Hooters and Farley's). It is so close to these places that i just walk instead of driving. This way i can have a good time and don't have to worry about driving after drinking, putting myself or others in possible danger, or risk getting a DUI. The beds are really comfortable, and I always have gotten a good nights rest here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends