The Big Chile Inn
Sleep Inn Las Cruces(Las Cruces)(Great Value!)
$68
SleepInn
$94
$89
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces(Las Cruces)
$129
$99
$91
$84
Travelocity
Days Inn Las Cruces(Las Cruces)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
Best Western Mission Inn(Las Cruces)(Great Value!)
$73
Hotels.com
All reviewskoi pondchips and salsachillicontinental breakfaststay there againmicrowave and fridgeshower headnew mexicoparking lotnice poolroom was largegazebomotellasmirrorcerealnm
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I guess we fell into the group that didn't love the Big Chile Inn. We stopped for one night on a trip from CA to Mississippi. We asked for a rollaway bed, but instead they went to our room and made up the sofa bed. That was fine for my teen, although it had a toothbrush in it. (gross!) The staff was very pleasant and accommodating, I just found the whole place somewhere between quaint and tacky, more tacky. The breakfast was pretty sparse and by then I just felt kind of yucky about the place. I wanted to like it, I like to support the locals. I just didn't.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank darlene08
davidgLC, Manager at The Big Chile Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

When we prepared the bed while you were unpacking, no toothbrush was found. When we asked later if everything was ok, you said yes. It is unfortunate you were unable to contact us during your stay, rather than advise us on the internet of your concerns. Now all we can do is offer our apologies.

For others reading this review, our continental breakfast comprises 4 cereals, danish, muffins, toast, 2 juices, coffee and tea.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here one night when traveling to Hatch, NM, for the annual Chile Festival. The "Big Chile Inn" in Las Cruces is a fun and well-kept property with great hospitality. The owner was very welcoming and happy to provide info on local things to see and do. Out front is the "world's largest chile pepper" sculpture, with lots of chile facts. In back is a clean, relaxing pool, a koi pond and collection of desert plants. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadRunner980
Reviewed August 25, 2013

i can understand why some people would hate this place. It's certainly not for everyone. At first sight it looks like a 1960s council block, it's just an old-fashioned family-run motel with lots of charm but not a lot of expense-account extras. But we were enthralled by the quiet courtyard and swimming pool, the little nooks and corners and quiet places to sit and read or sunbathe. We loved the homely feel of the place, the can-do workaholic attitude of the awe-inspiring Indonesian owner, the pride the receptionist took in providing good service, and the way the owners' children took a central role in looking after the guests. So much so that it felt like we were staying in a friend's house rather than a motel. And it was astonishingly cheap.
BUT...
the quality of the room was ok but nothing special, and we stayed at a particularly quiet time of year, so we weren't troubled by noise from other customers. The rooms are packed pretty close together, and sound insulation doesn't seem to be very good, so if you stay at a busy time you could find yourself listening to your neighbours' snores.
And finally, I think it's fair to say that the giant chile outside is a giant mistake, but we didn't have the heart to share our thoughts with the owner, as she's just so nice.

P.S. If you're hungry, look further that the pancake diner next door. It's pretty dire.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpongeBob2012
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We chose this place on our way back from CA to TX. Based in the 300+ reviews on TripAdvisor. The part of town it is in us the only negative thing I can say. But you forget that the moment you walk into their little oasis they have created! We arrived at 10pm, and my reservation I had made online an hour ago hasn't made it to them yet. No worries, got checked in. There is a $10 pet fee, which I'm not a huge fan of as I travel with my dog quite a bit. Always bring a crate in the room, a sheet to cover the bedspread, and bags to pick up poop. But I guess others may not. Anyway, don't let that deter you from staying, just be aware there is a fee, i wasnt expecting that.Chips and salsa and 2 cold cokes were brought to our room about 15 minutes after we checked in. The owner did show us the room too. Just the small touches you don't get nowadays. The garden/pond/pool area is really special. Makes me
Feel like I'm at a resort, not just a quick overnight stay driving cross country. I wish i could have stayed longer!! Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast. It was fine. Upon checking out, owner shook my hand (another nice touch that doesn't happen often anymore!), thanked me for staying. Wil be back for sure when traveling through NM!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Adchsmack
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On our move from WI to AZ we had stopped at several motels. This being the last one on our trip. We were greeted by a young man about 9 yrs old who was more professional than most adults. The family that owns this motel could not have been more friendly and thoughtful. The rooms have a nice decor and enough space that 2 adults, 4 children, and a dog fit comfortably. The garden/pool area had so many different spots to sit and relax, with numerous grills, and a koi pond that the front desk will give you fish food to feed them. This was, by far, one of the best motels we've stayed at. They were remodeling while we were there so we will be making a special trip back there next year to see the progress. Thanks Big Chili for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013