The Big Chile Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Host Motel(Las Cruces)
Good 3.5/5
Coachlight Inn(Las Cruces)
Great 4.5/5
Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces(Las Cruces)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
View Hotel
Century 21 Motel(Las Cruces)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewskoi pondchips and salsachillicontinental breakfaststay there againmicrowave and fridgeshower headnew mexicoparking lotnice poolroom was largegazebomotellasmirrorcerealnm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On our move from WI to AZ we had stopped at several motels. This being the last one on our trip. We were greeted by a young man about 9 yrs old who was more professional than most adults. The family that owns this motel could not have been more friendly and thoughtful. The rooms have a nice decor and enough space that 2 adults, 4 children, and a dog fit comfortably. The garden/pool area had so many different spots to sit and relax, with numerous grills, and a koi pond that the front desk will give you fish food to feed them. This was, by far, one of the best motels we've stayed at. They were remodeling while we were there so we will be making a special trip back there next year to see the progress. Thanks Big Chili for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Sandsseekers
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Big Chili Inn actually would be a 4 1/2 out of 5, but that wasn't a choice.
We stayed at this property during spring graduation weekend 2013.

Things we loved:
The price- an excellent value for what we paid!
The owners were cheerful, caring and quick to respond to any need or concern (like when we needed more towels, or when our car was broken down and was in the shop, so we really didn't know for sure what time we would be able to check out...).
The hotel is unpretentious, quiet and off the freeway.
As others have mentioned when we arrived at our room the A/C had been turned on and there were chips and salsa to welcome us.
Our room had a Microwave and Fridge.
All of the grounds and especially our room were very clean.
There was a big lobby area with amazing art, a grand piano, a nice sitting area and a PC for common use.
Cable channels including many family friendly ones like Nickelodeon and Disney.
Big bright cheerful bath towels.
A laundry that was reasonably priced was available.
The Big Chili outside (almost a tourist attraction itself)
AND FINALLY THE BEST OF THE BEST: The Beautiful courtyard and pool area which included charming garden areas that were well kept and filled with flowers that attracted a bunch of humming birds, a shaded gazebo, a koi pond, padded seating, a sparkling clean pool with handicap access seat, and comfortable poolside furniture.

Things of note about the room:
Both queen beds were comfortable and the room seemed to be of reasonable size.
There was a separate desk/vanity area between the sleeping area and bathroom.
The was no alarm clock, but there was a clock on the microwave.
There was a nice stuffed chair in the room.

Things about breakfast:
They provide a simple breakfast each morning:
4 cereals - oatmeal, Fruit Loops, Sugar Smacks?, Cherios
2 juices - orange and a juice of the day
White and Wheat bread for toast
Bagels and Muffins
Coffee and Tea
(We chose to supplement this with peanut butter, yogurt and bananas we bought at the store.)

Things that could be improved in the years to come:
The breakfast area was a bit cramped. I'm sure we were there at a particularly busy time (spring graduation weekend), but it would be nice if they could expand the area a bit farther into the lobby and add a few more tables.

Overall this was a great place to stay and if we were ever in the area again we would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: We loved being on the ground floor facing the inner court yard. That way we could enjoy the beautiful gardens while still in our room. Also,we loved the pecan french toast and the children's fruit plate at The Shed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank blessings7plus
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived very late and I was not sure of the area. But one minute chatting with the owner at the front desk put us totally at ease and happy to be there. The lobby is welcoming. The rooms are clean and have plenty of room.good value. But the best part Is the courtyard. It is a lovely garden and refuge from the city. There are lovely plants, pergola, koi pond and pool. It is so peaceful. I sat out there in the morning with the coffee and continental breakfast and read while my family slept peacefully. I noticed the staff moving around and working but very discreetly. The owners are lovely, helpful and welcoming, so interesting, from Australia and Indonesia. They are very family friendly as their family is on site as well.And our kids loved the big chili!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The owners are fantastic and very helpful. Both my roommate and I suffered from an allergy. We believe it came from the air conditioner because it wasn't present the third night when we turned the A/C off. I suspect mold. The grounds were great. the chips and salsa upon check-in were terrific. I liked the night light so that we didn't need a light in the bathroom at night. There was also a bit of mold on the shower curtain. Overall, it might be a problem in just this room. I would try staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I spent a night here recently, I took one look at the giant plaster orange chile out front and thought that this was going to be really good or awful. Fortunately, it turned out to be great. I loved the creative, quirky, retro decor. The staff was super friendly. They left chips and salsa in my room, which I really appreciated. I told the food snob in me to shut up. Families were there, which is always reassuring to solo women travelers like me. If I'm ever on I10 again in NM, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo