New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Big Chile Inn

The Big Chile Inn
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“I rented a room for a friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I rented a room for a friend of mine. After I went to visit and had a chance to see hotel, courtyard, pool and after we spent an evening by the fish pond grilling our dinner on BBQ's available to guests, I wished I could just move here....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Cute little hotel with extremely accomodating owner! He made our quick over night stay very pleasant...even with the demands we had with room locale and supplies. It was very cold outstide, and the heat worked great inside the room. Beds comfortable; nice bath towels; microwave and fridge in room. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Charlene R
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My stay at this hotel was just great. The owners and the work they're doing make it a very welcoming and unique and I would stay there again anytime. They pay special attention to their guests, offering chips and salsa while you move into your room! The breakfast was satisfactory and as advertised, the room very clean with real towels. The only drawback was that there was no coffee maker in the room, but all of the other amenities and friendliness of the owners more than made up for it. They even have a desertscape in the courtyard complete with a desert tortoise! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank webster76
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Owner/manager couple were very nice, but ............they purchased a terribly run down property and are trying to revive it. I am afraid they under estimated the challenge and are struggling with the task. Our old conventional tube type TV did not work. Owner came in and fiddled with it unsuccessfully and ultimately replaced it with an older smaller TV that worked. Then the remote did not work. Owner returned to replace it with one that worked. I mentioned to him that he needed to install a rod in the closet space so that customers would have a place to hang their clothes on. He replied that things have a way of disappearing. Bottom line, we folded our clothes and layed them where ever. Bed frame was bigger than bed and I stubbed my toe on it getting into bed. It was a very cold night and we were thankful for a functional heater and had a good nights rest. Breakfast was just ok. The bad news is that as we were leaving town we saw a billboard on the interstate that all of their rooms were 49.95. We paid 59.95 plus taxes and other charges our bill was $69.98. Sure felt like we had been taken advantage of considering the problems we had with the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

They brought a plate of chips as we were unloading car. Nice room, but could do without the mirrored wall. Great real towels in bathroom. Skimpy breakfast choices but restaurant next door. Very interesting lobby. Very homey, very friendly and reasonable. The only thing it lacked for me was coffee maker in room, but no big deal.i'd certainly stay again.good beds!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank photocraftarizona
Wells, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My daughter and I stopped here based on the reviews after driving 13 hours. The woman at the front desk was so sweet. After taking us to our room, she came back with chips and salsa!! When has that ever happened to you at a motel? The room was clean and comfortable. There was a continental breakfast in the morning as well. When I checked out, the owner shook my hand and thanked me for staying there. Again, a first for me. One of the best examples of gracious hospitality I have ever experienced at a motel. Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: Price is right, rooms are clean and the owners are wonderful!