“One of the best!!”
Review of The Big Chile Inn

The Big Chile Inn
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My daughter and I stopped here based on the reviews after driving 13 hours. The woman at the front desk was so sweet. After taking us to our room, she came back with chips and salsa!! When has that ever happened to you at a motel? The room was clean and comfortable. There was a continental breakfast in the morning as well. When I checked out, the owner shook my hand and thanked me for staying there. Again, a first for me. One of the best examples of gracious hospitality I have ever experienced at a motel. Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: Price is right, rooms are clean and the owners are wonderful!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Big Chile Inn

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean. So were the bed sheets. Towels were not the standard paper thin in most motels. The owners on site made the difference. They truly made me feel as though they wanted and appreciated my business.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mel1150
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After "shopping" trip advisor for a decent low cost hotel in Las Cruces, I chose this one based on past reviews. Now, after staying there I have to share that the reviews were right on and the hotel was definitely all they said it was. They staff were amazing, going out of their way to answer questions, provide local maps and directions and suggestions on eateries. The best part of course was walking out your hotel room door into the most pleasant and serene setting of gardens & cactus complete with names and explanations, a gazebo, fire pit, bar-b-ques, swimming pool and koi pond with waterfall. Who could ask for more all for $60/per night. What a steal! Thanks Genivieve - you made our stay perfect!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Roxhound
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The owners of this ABVI have a philosophy and practice more like a B&B, at the price of an ABVI. This place has an infinity of beautiful personal touches, such as native plant arrangements and art photography of the owner IN YOUR ROOM. The grounds are like a park or botanic garden, with many plants, some labelled, a coy pond, places to sit and enjoy the garden environment, modern barbecues, and surely I'm forgetting more.
The rooms are spectacular... or at least ours was. It is huge, with a wall that is all mirror, and a large vanity outside the bathroom, along with a closet. Everything worked as it should.
When we arrived we were offered a complimentary beverage from a large selection in a refrigerator case in the lobby, and then we were offered a plate of designer corn chips and salsa. The breakfast is likewise above standard for this category of motel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in the Big Chili Inn for 3 nights during our 3 month roadtrip through the USA. This hotel was a very welcome and nice surprise on our way. The owners are personaly involved in the daily business of the hotel and several guests stay here for several week/months in a row. It's clean, cosy and everybody is very friendly and helpfull. It's just a nice and affordable stay for several nights in a lovely area!

Ps. Elina makes the best fried rice (old fashioned Dutch Nasi Goreng), we loved It!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RVerkade
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is run by a very nice and friendly couple. They really make you feel welcome, and it didn't matter that I showed up 1 AM and probably woke the lady up. Room was clean and comfortable. I was traveling cross country and had a nice rest there for one night. If I were passing by again, I would certainly use the same hotel. It also has a huge chilly pepper sculpture in front:)

Room Tip: The lady saw where I parked, and she gave me the room right in front of my car so I don't have t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Okay-- chose this place for an overnight based on reviews and price. Pulled into the parking lot at dusk and nearly kept driving. Not the best looking part of town-- Decided to go ahead and go in and check things out. VERY pleasantly surprised! The manager was sweet as can be! Showed me the room to make sure it was good (it was) and then brought us a plate of chips and salsa. Perhaps because it was near dinner time? No idea, but quite nice. The courtyard is really cute and a great place to sit. Very unique. Room was clean and had no complaints at all. Very quiet all evening and night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple