“Nice find”
Review of The Big Chile Inn

The Big Chile Inn
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Clean, safe and great value. The owners were present and attentive to our needs, and very friendly. I read all the Trip Advisor reviews, so I knew this was an older establishment. Rooms have been renovated and there is a lovely courtyard. Our king size bed slept just fine, but no, it does not have a pillow topped mattress. The shower head was five feet from the tub floor, but that was not an issue either.The lobby is large and has pottery and other art works, as well as a baby grand piano and some collectibles. I have included some photos. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RJ56Mc

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Booked this place last minute based on reviews from TripAdvisor during a road trip in through the Southwest and am very satisfied. It was everything promised and more. Got a great price which included a free beverage, and complimentary chips, salsa, and fresh strawberries, on check-in and breakfast the following morning.. The staff is very nice and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I could not have asked for anything more especially at such a great price. Only wish we had had the time to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjsDO
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The hotel has been fixed up, it looks like a handyman did all the work - definitely not professional repair work. The owner was real nice, but the area the motel is in is not exactly the safest part of town. For the price I expected a nicer place to stay. I will say that the owner is very nice and tries to ensure things are right, but overall I think the price is too high for a renovated hotel room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrvmax
Reviewed April 4, 2012

i travel cross country hauling and trucking different items,my dad was with me this time it was approaching 2am was so tired it was dangerous for me to b on the road.stopped at motel and rang buzzer at bullet proof window but know one answerd so we went down the rd to more down town there was some sleeze notell motells but i was affraid what kind of cridder i might pick up but then accross the street i seen a giant chillie pepper at americas best value in .walked in no lock no bullrt proof glass.the owner was at the desk (david girle) the lobby was big and clean. i mean real clean.so we get the room would have paid 100 i think it was 38.he walked us to the room and opened the door for us.made sure everything was ok in the room.no one ever walked me to my room b4 for 38 bucks.he left.5 min later there was a knock at the door it was his daughter of about 11 or 12 with a big plate of warm natchos and wholemade salsa.(very good)and we were hungry.the room was extreamly clean and fresh. the sheets were soft and smelled clean. had a good sleep got up at 7 and went to loby for free breckfast and there was david making the breckfast.which was good also. there was a woman and her husband that had been there a week and she ran out of fabric softner so david droped what he was doing and went and got her some.out back in the pool area ,it was beautiful all these different areas with gas grills mabey 8 of them picknic funicher all in their own little area so a family could grill and hang out.had tent canopy over them and shade. it fixed up neater than ...well it was realy cool.i will go out of my way to stay there again and try to stay much longer. thanks again david.the best service i ever had for under 200 bucks and best i will ever have for 38.your new friend joe

Room Tip: tell him what u r looking 4 and he will go out of his way to get it for you
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Joe N
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Me and my friends were on a road trip across the United States from Seattle to Chicago, taking in 16 states and amounting over 6,000 miles in our 1989 Chevy Station Wagon. I feel this qualifies me to give an educated opinion on hotels, motels and hostels in the USA and I give you my word that we didn't come across friendlier, more attentive and superb hotel owners than we did in this establishment.

From the plate of nachos delivered on arrival, to the help in recommending us a garage and towing company when stranded halfway up a mountain 12 miles away; D & E were amongst the friendliest people, let alone hotel owners, we met in a country full of them.

If you find yourself in Las Cruces, I implore you to spend a night in Americas Best Value Inn. If not, make an effort to stay there if you're visiting White Sands or the historic old town of Mesilla.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank CalGildart
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We arrived late at night and were welcomed by one of the owners and her daughter. They personally showed us to our rooms, then came back a few minutes later with free chips and salsa and strawberries! Clean, comfortable rooms and a very nice lobby. The fun courtyard and giant chili pepper out front really take it over the top! Best motel ever!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank deronp
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I just stayed there again with my family. As has been stated, it's on the older highway with older motels, but the property was clean and well-maintained. Plus it's got some creativity--giant chile peppers and the like on the grounds. The owner even brought us chips and salsa right after checking in. Some of the complaints are probably from people that expect the Four Seasons at this price, but I rate motels/hotels within their peer group and this one does well in that regard. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: The inner courtyard is the nicest area, but you'll have to carry your bags a bit farther.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business