1,004 results
All reviews cheese omelet room was clean waffles hot breakfast fridge and microwave next morning would stay here again biscuits and gravy one night stay upon check we've stayed front desk staff first floor road trip new mexico nice stay free breakfast
Reviewed November 9, 2008

This property is aged, and has been re-branded from some other past life. It does not look like a Hampton, and once inside it does not feel like a Hampton.

The lobby is very crowded, including breakfast service area. The business center involves going through the back office and using a terminal installed in an employee only area with no work space or tables to work from. You feel like you're sitting in the brrom closet - because you ARE!! There isn't room to put a business center anywhere else.

Street front rooms suffer from a significant amount of traffic noise all night long. The room doors all face outward - a sign of an old property. Our door was extremely stiff to operate, appearing to have been kicked in and poorly repaired..

Overall the room was up to Hampton standard, but the lack of a business center and having to tip-toe sideways through other guests to be served breakfast make this a "not acceptable" on my list. Hhononors points are the only reason I agreed to stay.

Reviewed August 29, 2008

i arrived ater 10pm and was very anxious to get to my room and get settled in because of an early morning appointment. After being in the room for less than ten minutes I noticed that the room was full of mosquitos. I called the front desk and was told they didn't have any type of pesticide. I tried killing as many as I could but gave up hope and just decided to go to bed and try to stay under the cover. Bad idea, I have at least 20 bites

I have always enjoyed my stays at Hampton Inn and chose this one because it has a "hot breakfast." The hot breakfast was a frozen bagel that had been heated.

I went to the counter to again report the mosquitos and to inform them that there was no hair conditioner fin the room and was told that they are not allowed to leave more than two liquids in the rooms. The mosquito issue was dismissed with a "we're sorry."

I have oftened bragged about Hampton Inns to my friends, but will never again give a recommendation that I might have to eat.

Date of stay: August 2008
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We're huge Hampton fans and were really looking forward to another wonderful experience after traveling several hundred miles. While the room was okay, the air-conditioner went on and off all night which woke us up everytime this occured. The next morning we discovered the towels were either stained or dirty. We headed to the lobby for breakfast and weren't greeted by any of the staff. I guess they were too busy worrying about the guy they thought was homeless who had scraped up the last of the eggs. None of the staff seemed the least bit concerned that there were paying guests there for breakfast and none was available. At this point we gave up, packed our stuff and headed to a nearby Cracker Barrell.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Las Cruces last week on business travel. I booked the trip at the last minute and this hotel was the only choice available. Being a female, traveling alone, I was a little skeptical about the motel configuration, in which the rooms open to outside. However, I found it to be safe, very quiet and no noise from adjacent rooms or from the road. The Hotel is conveniently located off I-10 (exit 140) and about 50 minutes from El Paso airport.
At check-in, the front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I got a room with two double beds on the second floor, near the outside stairs and parking without having to make special request. Parking lot was well lit and clean. My room was spacious and clean. My room had a dresser, a working desk, a small refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable with new down comforters and lots of different pillows. The bathroom was squeaky clean and there were more than enough fluffy towels of all size.
Complimentary hot breakfast buffet open from 6AM until 10AM. Although the hotel was full, it was not very crowded at breakfast around 7:00AM when I needed to grab a quick bite before setting off to the office. One of the breakfast service staff was very nice; She even offered to refill my coffee cup and brought me fresh napkins. The breakfast buffet was not gourmet but it was enough for me. Breakfast included powdered scrambled eggs mixed with chopped ham. There were also English Muffins, bagels, breads, muffins, donuts, cereals, yogurt, fruit and juices to choose from as well. The coffee was excellent.
There are several restaurants nearby including Applebees, Eddie’s Bar and Grill, Cracker Barrel, Lorenzo’s, Casa Bonita. Casual eateries include Quizno’s sub and Domino’s Pizza. Walmart is located in the back of the Hotel which I used to stock up my refrigerator for late night snacks. Nearby attraction not to be missed include the historic Old Mesilla, about 2 miles away. There are several specialty shops and good restaurants there. If you visit Old Mesilla during the day, stop by and have lunch at Don Felix, which offers good and reasonable priced authentic Mexican food. If you would like to bring home some New Mexico wine, stop by one of the store there and taste the wine before decide to buy. I can’t remember the store name, but it is very easy to locate since Old Mesilla is so small and walk-able.
The Hotel offers free internet access; however, I didn’t bring my lab top, therefore I can not make comment on the speed of the service. There was a common computer in the back of the front desk office, connected to a printer, which I used to print my boarding pass.
The Hotel didn’t have express checkout, however, the front desk open 24 hours and the staff was efficient. I checked out at 4:00 AM, and within 2 minutes I was on my way to the airport. There was a well lit gas station right next to the Hotel which I used to fill up my rental car before heading to the airport.
If you can look past the motel configuration, it is not a bad place to stay for business travel. The room is well kept and service staff is very accommodating.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Unlike most Hampton Inns, the rooms open to outside, which is a bit skeezy. However, the room was adequate and clean. The rate was very cheap, so if you're looking for a bargain hotel, this might be the hotel for you.

Date of stay: February 2008