“Nice place!”

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I don't think I could identify any concerns at all. Everything was just what we would expect and a little bit more. We spent one night here, passing through on our road trip. The room was large, well furnished and clean. The exterior of the property is clean and well maintained. The staff was professional and courteous. The free breakfast had good selection and was well stocked. I rarely give 5 stars but in this case I could not find anything to take away from that rating.

2 Thank specialklc
DaysInnGM46527, General Manager at Days Inn Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know how we did in meeting your expectations on your recent stay with us at the Days Inn of Las Cruces.

You took a very nice photo of the room you were in, thank you and nice job. I am more than pleased to hear that we could make your stay so enjoyable and comfortable. I hope on your next trip through or here you come by and see us again, we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you once more for taking valuable time to let us know how we did. All feedback is valuable to us and allows to us to learn how to best meet our guest’s needs.

Austin, TX
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I would give 2.5 stars at best, but there are no half ratings, so take this 3 star rating with a pinch of salt. I had not stayed in a Days Inn for 15 yrs. Safe to say it might be another 15 yrs before I try another one. We stayed here on 12/20 for one night at the start of our Christmas road trip. We picked this hotel mainly due to the price and the reviews of Tripadvisor. If you are a heavy sleeper who looks for a somewhat decent place to lay your head, then you can not beat the price. But, for me ... well, morning could not come soon enough.

I do not know what was remodeled in our room. Our room looked EXACTLY the same as the pictures already exisiting on Tripadvisor from 2007 except the bed covers. We were assigned to a room away from the pool, at the back of the hotel on the first floor. A musty, unpleasant smell greeted us as we opened the door. The room looked very outdated with fading wall paper and pop corn ceilings. The carpet was frayed and had small loose strips where it meets the tiles in the vanity area. Bathroom walls had stains. The bed was very soft with lumps and uncomfortable. The pillows were smaller than usual too.

The worst part is that the building had no sound proofing at all. At 2:30 am, a loud family checked in to the room next to us, and they banged their door 22 times while carrying their luggage into their room. They had a hyper little boy who screamed during that time. Finally, when they settled in and went to sleep, out of the blue the little boy started crying very loud. All of this was sounding like it was happening in our room. To boot, everytime my upstairs neighbor flushed, it sounded like Niagara falls.

Breakfast was decent - at least much better than my expectations, and the hotel staff was very kind and friendly, hence the 2.5 star rating. If you are looking for a good night's sleep and if room rates are not an issue, look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

I want to say how sorry I am for all the disturbances that you encountered on the night of your stay. I have gotten with my maintenance crew and we addressed the mentioned issue about the smell. As for the noisy neighbors, I again apologize for the inconvenience there for you. I would also like to say thank you and I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the free hot breakfast that we offer.

Once more thank you for posting the review. Even a review that says we failed serving you as a valuable guest it lets us know where we need to have more training and coaching sessions with our team and gives us a learning opportunity.

Manchester, NH
Reviewed January 17, 2014

A previous reviewer said it all: "perfect!" I'm sorry I didn't take down the names of the front desk staff, because they were great. When I came to check in, three people were waiting ahead of me, and the young man at the front desk worked with everyone quickly, professionally and politely. Then the next evening, I needed a few band-aids and was so happy that the gentleman at the front desk was so helpful, and had them on hand.
The hotel itself: plenty of free parking. No indoor corridors, and that is fine with me as I parked right outside my door. The room was very clean, comfortable and safe. I liked having the sofa. Nice comfortable place to sit and watch tv (nice, new flat screen) or read or have a snack. Nice work desk and char, and good wi-fi that was easy to connect to. (One suggestion - put a power strip in the room! Only one available outlet to use without unplugging something or moving furniture!) The room had a basic coffeemaker, plus microwave, small fridge, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Cool little detail - the hair dryer stand doubles as a night light (adjustable brightness and could be turned off). Nice to have so if you have to get up in the night, you can see where you're going without turning on all the lights. I did not have the breakfast, but did use the business center. Two computers, each with its own printer, and I had no trouble doing what I needed. Oh, and free newspaper delivered to your door AND a bottle of water waiting on the desk that was actually included? Just perfect!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

My team is so delighted we were able to serve your needs and exceed your expectations.I am not even sure what to say, you covered almost the entire hotel in your review. The only thing that comes to mind is.... Thank you. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and staff, I will make sure that they know the job they are doing. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Las Cruces.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for a night during our road trip. The manager who welcomed us at the front desk was very friendly and efficient as was every other member of staff that we encountered during our stay. The breakfast was perfectly fine with plenty of food/drink options and the lady working it was great in making sure that everything was in stock at all times. The room was just what we needed - spacious, clean and comfy. The king bed was really comfortable and we appreciated having the microwave and fridge in room as well as an awesome huge TV. The shower was amazing with plenty of water pressure and hot water and the heating worked really well - all things that I personally look for as I am one of those people that run ridiculously cold all the time! It's also a pet-friendly hotel(and the pet fee very reasonable) which was one of the main reasons that I chose it for our stay not to mention all the great reviews it had on Tripadvisor. (As other reviewers have mentioned, there's a little dog that lives on the premises called Elvis that we just fell in love with. I mention this so that you won't be alarmed as we were at first because we thought that it was someone's pet that a guest had left outside in the cold but the staff assured us that he is very well taken care of by all of them and it seems that everyone - including us! I so wish that he could have come home with us! - wants to adopt him except that he's so afraid of people that no-one can get close to him(although he got on famously with my little dog). Yes, he sleeps outside(but in a lovely little dog house that the maintenance guy built for him) but he was a stray that just turned up one day so he's most likely used to being free to come and go as he pleases.)

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

My team is so delighted we were able to serve your needs and exceed your expectations. Thank you very much for the kind words. Elvis is still with us and he is doing just fine.He has also learned that everyone that stays here is friendly and he has begun to great people more when they arrive. He has become the unofficial mascot for us.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Inn turned out to be an extremely well-kept place. The room was very clean as well as the breakfast area. The continental breakfast has a wide variety and when one of the coffee urns ran out, 3 people jumped to get it refilled. The rooms were decorated in a nice decor and the vanity area surface appeared as if it was granite. The surface's main color was black and coordinated with the microwave & refrigerator. We really enjoyed staying there and would go back.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our free DayBreak breakfast. The staff is all about making sure we are there for the guests no matter if you need coffee or something in the room.