“nice, clean, quiet”

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Los Angeles, CA
“nice, clean, quiet”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

On a trip back from TX, we stopped at the halfway point and thought we would just press our luck with finding a cheap, clean, quiet hotel. So we picked one out of AAA guidebook and this hotel was right off the freeway ramp. Our room was clean and quiet and probably rather recently updated. Small, but we didnt need a large room by any means. The rate was reasonable enough, considering we were seeing higher prices on other parts of our trip. The free breakfast was pretty good and the coffee wasnt bad at all, we have had some bad hotel brown water (coffee).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stopped in here after looking for a non-existant Best Western. It was a Saturday afternoon and people were piling in here nonstop. There was only one young man working the counter and he had at least six people in line waiting to get to him. He was handling everything as best he could, but the place obviously could have used another staff member to help out.
Upon entering our NON SMOKING room, we instantly detected the odor of smoke. The room had been recently refurbished and everything was very clean and new, but the lingering smell of smoke was not good. We decided to see if another room was available but when we went back to the lobby, it was even more crowded than before. So, we decided to stay. We propped open the door and aired the room out for about a half an hour, and that really helped. The room was exceptionally clean as was the bathroom - not a hint of mold or dirt. The only big problem was the air conditioner. It was extremely loud and keep waking me up during the night. I even put a pillow over my ears but it didn't help. Bed was okay - just a little firm.
Overall, I would stay here again but I would check out the room first for smoke odor before plopping my money down. We did not stay for the breakfast, but it looked good and complete.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Camarillo, California
Reviewed September 4, 2011

It is not your typical Hampton Inn. We stayed here instead of the Hampton Inn & Suites because of proximity to I-10. It is a converted motel. All rooms have their door to outside. The furnishings in the room are typical Hampton, but crowded for small space. They did offer usual Hampton breakfast, but it was in the lobby which again was crowded.

• Stayed August 2011
Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My kids and I have stayed at this property twice. The first time was a Priceline deal, and I was surprised (like a lot of other reviewers) to see that the rooms all open to the outside. The MOD was so friendly and he gave us a great room on the ground floor that didn't face Ave de Mesilla (quieter!), opened to the pool and was very close to parking. Breakfast was very good for standard comp hotel breakfasts; the food was well-tended to by the staff and the dining area wasn't crowded.

Second time was almost as good as the first. The hotel offered the same rate as Priceline, so we booked direct. The hotel was booked, so we weren't able to get a first floor room again, and in a room facing Ave de Mesilla, you definitely hear the traffic, but other than that, it was another pleasant stay in a clean room. Even with the hotel booked, the dining area wasn't crowded and breakfast items were fresh and replenished often.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Where do I begin. Okay , we arrived and right away no elevator and we were on the upper floor.Uh oh! There is no cart to carry your luggage and it would not make a difference because there is no elevator anyway. Had to make a lot of trips up and down the stairs in over 100 degree hot desert heat. Not happy. Now, the next day we expected room service to clean our room and even left a tip. And vioala they took the tip and....the room is still dirty with the beds undone and trash all over the place. What! Cmon really they cannot clean the room. They expected me to sleep on an undone bed surrounded by trash. I stay at a hotel not to have to do that. I have 2 babies and they had no crib available to rent. Cmon! I just keeps getting worst. The refrigerator was noisy. And the refrigerator was not able to keep my food cold. So the fridge does not work. The microwave did not work well. Took forever to heat food. Asked to speak to manager to complain and she hung up on us. We went to front desk to check out. We were expecting a 3 night stay. After that night we left. We stayed only one day. There rooms are super small and crammed. Do not stay at this hotel. You have been warned!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!! This will give you the best room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Older property on a VERY busy street. If you are streetside, bring earplugs because the bikers are out all night and seem to enjoy revving past the place. Room is very small and although there is a fridge and micro it is very cramped and not very functional. My guess is that this was one of the very first Hamptons and they are trying to keep up with the other newer properties. Room was clean in appearance but the bed was not very comfortable. Staff is extremely friendly and that is a huge plus in my book. Nothing worse than someone that hates their job and lets you know it. This is a better choice than staying in El Paso if you are coming from the east. From the west there is a newer Hampton in Deming but rates are higher.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Ventura, California
Reviewed October 28, 2010

As a business traveler I expect certain things in a "hotel" room. This was not a hotel room. It was a motel room. The room was clean and the furniture was in good shape. The beds were NOT good. Sorry, but that's a fact! The fridge was noisey and even made noise after I turned it off. The room was way too small for the amount of furniture. I told the guy at the desk that I wanted a quiet room and I might as well have not said it. He put me in room 110 on Ave de Mesilla where I got to listen to trucks, cars MOTORCYCLES and sirens all night. I had originally booked for 3 days but bailed out after just one terrible night. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business