“Disappointing for a Best Western”

Best Western Mission Inn
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed March 4, 2013

While the room was quite large and also a large bathroom, it was dated. The furniture and electronics were old and tired. It was next to railway tracks so every train was heard. The complimentary breakfast was the standard fare, nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Mission Inn

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on Saturday night. The check in only took two minutes. We stayed in room 130, which is a HUGE two room king suite. It is in a very quiet location on the bottom level in back of the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, along with the bed. In the morning, there is a free buffet breakfast from 6 to 9 located adjacent to the hotel lobby. It was tasty, and there was a good selection of food. Cindy worked hard in the breakfast room to make sure there was plenty of food available. She, and all the staff encountered at the Best Western Mission Inn, were pleasant and friendly. The check out again only took two minutes. Very nice stay, and we look forward to returning to this Best Western when in the Las Cruces area.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for the king suite (room 130) if you want a large room in a quiet location.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When I arrived it was late and I was tired but the desk clerk checked me in right away he was very curteous, attentive and helpful (answered all my questions) suggested places to eat or order pizza. The room was very clean and decorated nicely and was larger than most hotel rooms. The bed was also very comfortable I slept really good. Free breakfast was hot buffet style and really good too! The waitress was always checking to see if I needed anything. I plan on staying here again good value for the money.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the upper level in the units at the back of the hotel which faces the courtyar...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank marla S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gordon G
missioninnlc, Owner at Best Western Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Desk clerks were curt to us and rude to another guest.
Did not feel welcome.
Breakfast was very good but required a ticket which was inconvenient to obtain.
Rooms were clean but out of date.
Location was not convenitent to interstate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John F
missioninnlc, Owner at Best Western Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. As you may have noticed from our other reviews , we take great pride in the experience and quality of product we offer our guests. We take even greater pride in the customer service we welcome our guests with. And so, I am both concerned and taken aback/ curious about the service you experienced. If you have an extra moment, I would really appreciate the opportunity to talk to you. Understanding the circumstances you experienced will allow me to make a more informed and tuned correction with my staff and avoid our future guests from having a similar experience. I can be reached at 575-524-8591 ext. 1001, I look forward to speaking with you, personally apologizing and hope you'll allow us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Lasting impression: Friendliest hotel staff I've ever met.

Room: Room was clean and comfortable. The sheets were clean and the shower/bathroom was big with plenty of water pressure. The bed wasn't all too comfortable but it didn't ruin the night.

Breakfast: Food tasted great. I wish I had the name of the waitress because she did a great job handling the entire floor. I had a 2 nights stay for almost half the price thanks to hotels.com.

It was out of the way of major traffic, but there is a train nearby. It's only about 5mins from the main part of the city but it's very easy to find. There's little traffic near the hotel.

Room Tip: Breakfast is worth waking up for.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple