“Clean motel in the older part of town”

Best Western Mission Inn
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Hamilton, Canada
“Clean motel in the older part of town”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed at the Mission Inn in Las Cruces for a 5 day trip to the area, and found that it was an older motel, clean, and in a decent location. I was under the impression from the website that all the rooms were large with a living area as well as a bedroom area, but we found that that was a suite upgrade. The king room we stayed in was a good size with beamed ceilings, a microwave and fridge, and southwestern decor. With free hot buffet breakfast, the value was quite good. The only complaints were loud birds in courtyard, and housekeeping kept forgetting to leave us coffee for the morning!

1 Thank LRWontario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
show low, Az
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This motel was not too hard to find, just a little ways off I-10. Check in was quick, however the gentleman working the front desk was not the friendly Best Western staff I usually am greeted by. Upon entering the room, I was presented with a musty odor. This was overlooked after I was looking around the room and became aquainted with the beautiful and unique south western flare in the decor. It had a nice look to it. I inspected the room for cleanliness (as I do at all hotels/motels) before bringing in any luggage or sitting on the bed. The room was very clean, although the carpet could use a good cleaning. During inspection of the bed, I pulled the mattress out a bit to check the seams and box spring for any signs of bed bugs. I was a little surprised to see both beds had odd stains on top of the box springs. Looked like old dried blood, or possibly spilled beverages, and lots of crumbs lined the seams of the box springs along the head board area. This is not something most people would generally see, but to me I was a little paranoid to sleep in the bed. I am proud to be able to tell you all that there were NO BUGS in this room of any kind. I slept great, and had a nice shower in the morning. The room had somewhat of a rundown feel. From the cabinet that held the micro/fridge to the outlet by the bed for the lamp. The alarm clock was located across the room which I thought was strange, but it made sense because I couldn't even get my cell phone charger to stay in the outlet by the bed. The tv is an older style one, in which the picture had odd coloring and lines across the screen. I really didn't watch much tv. Breakfast was fantastic, and the hostess was incredibly nice. The front desk girl "kelly?" was exceptionally nice as well. It was not the quality of the room, or the breakfast that made my stay. It was the outstanding customer service I recieved in the morning. Nobody likes to have to wake up early and get back on the road, and the morning staff here made the morning so much more enjoyable. Really got my day off to a great start which is very much appreciated. I WOULD come back if in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay closer to the lobby but away from the road (further away from the train that goes by)
1 Thank az_traveler32
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were given a second floor room and were amazed at the size. This is an older motel and is on main street across frrom railroad tracks, so there are a lot of trains at all hours, but we both still slept soundly. The room was nicely decorated, (something I don't normally notice) and was in keeping with a southwestern flavor. Older style TV, but good selection of stations - mostly out of El Paso, or cable. The free breakfast buffet was outstanding. Included two types juices, boiled eggs, sausage, eggs rancho and charizo and egg, sweet rolls, yogurt, etc. I would definitely stay at this motel .

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Will definitely stay here the next time Im in Las Cruces. Great Free breakfast buffet.

New Mexico
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel is alright if you aren't looking for more than a place to rest overnight. I Pricelined this room and got what I paid for. Worked for us as we were here just to assist a family member before a surgery. Room overall was spacious. Beds were comfortable. Free breakfast was great! Bathroom was roomy and plenty of outlets for we girls. Front desk clerk was cordial and helpful. Pet friendly is a plus, but someone close by had the most annoying yappy dogs! Anyway, grounds are pet friendly too. Pool was smallish but it was closed. The bad...and it's BAD...there are freight trains running across the street at all hours of the night so bring earplugs! Our room had a weird odor, not bad but reminded me a bit of a nursing home. Structure is old but fair, room decor is southwest style which is nice for this part of the country. The bed linens weren't as clean as I would have preferred-the bottom sheet had an unknown reddish stain and when I pulled back the covers there was a hair on the sheet that was not mine. Carpet is dirty. It made my white socks dirty on the bottoms! Still, not bad for a night. Fridge and micro provided...but our fridge was very loud. The shower was weird- it alternated from comfortable to scalding hot from time to time. Plenty of hot water though. Heater worked good but took a bit to get the room warm. Located out of the way from any entertainment or restaurants unfortunately, but Las Cruces is small enough that it doesn't take long to drive somewhere. I would recommend this hotel as long as you didn't want to stay more than one night and if you bring good ear plugs.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room because the downstairs rooms hear all the floors squeaking.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I loved the hugh room I got, It was nice and clean, the beautiful spanish tile and artwork gave the room a wonderful south west ambiance, The staff were great, friendly and very helpful, The breakfast was the best I've had at any Best Western Hotel. Try the cinnamon rolls they are fresh baked, Give this hotel a try, I will will back.

Room Tip: if you don't like the typical cookie cutter hotel and want a feel of the South West
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank divinity36
Deming, New Mexico
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I honestly would give this place all 5's except the carpeting is so dirty the bottom of your socks are filthy after one trip from the bed to the bathroom. It is absolutely the most quiet place I have stayed in and the staff is exceptional! it is very close to the university as well as Old Mesilla. One warning I would give is they advertise a bar and a restaurant, but they don't have either. Hopefully they will replace the carpet soon and then it will be the perfect place to stay!

• Stayed January 2012