“Home Comfort for Dinners Who Need To Consume Healthy Foods”
Review of Furr's Family Dining - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Furr's Family Dining
Las Cruces
“Home Comfort for Dinners Who Need To Consume Healthy Foods”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am a diabetic who needs to have a meal which will not cause my blood sugar to rise. Furr's has such foods. My wife and I visit Furr's three times a week. We are always greeted with a smile by the staff members. They even tell us goodbye.

The food serving area is always clean and the food bends are kept filled. Servers are very attentive to cleanliness. All spills are met in seconds.

We have been impressed with the dining clients. It is great to be seated near a family who accept our visits. The dining clients blend well with the image of good service and reasonable cost.

Enjoy your visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clyde M

Austin, Texas
“Lesson learned”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed next door, did not want to get in the car again, so decided to eat here. From the internet, thought it was $7.95, but it was a Sat so it was either $10.95. I am not a big eater, so I usually don't eat at all you can eat places. Woke up in the am with diarrhea, ugh. And I had 5 hours of driving ahead of me. Never again. I couldn't give it a terrible, because the food tasted OK at the time. Not great, but OK.

Visited August 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“so-so”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

many people in the Las Cruces area think this is a great place but I can't agree. while it does have a large selection of entrees, desserts, etc. I've got to say I've been to better. especially on Saturdays for the breakfasts. They are sorely lacking in many items on their breakfast bar.

Visited April 2013
LAS CRUCES
“A very good, but not excessively large buffet”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Furr's is a good place to eat when you don't have that much time. It has soups, salads, hot foods (including Mexican), breads, and desserts. We like the carved turkey, but they often don't have it in the evenings when we go to dinner about 6 pm. What we especially like is the Aggie discount, which is given to students and employees of NMSU. That makes the price very reasonable. We had almost stopped going to Furr's when one cashier said we could get the discount. Now we always ask for it. There is plenty of seating and an extra room that is sometimes used for groups. There is a TV (perhaps more than one). It usually has the news on in the evening, but sometimes has various sports. One needs to sit more to the front if one wants to see it, and if not, more to the back, closer to the entrance. Sometimes they have fried shrimp, but I don't know which evenings (perhaps Fridays) -- I haven't seen any lately. They almost always have roast beef that is carved just for you.

• Visited April 2013
Deming, New Mexico
“poor customer service”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had the most offensive experience at this Furrs Fresh Buffett in Las Cruces. I took my 82 yr old mother and under 2 yr old grandson to eat after a doctor's appt before we headed on to Deming. I decided to change my grandson's pamper before we headed back, I went to the truck and grabbed his diaper bag which happens to be a back pack. About 3 minutes after I came in, I was waiting for my grandson to finish his ice cream, when a Furr's employee, a manager I learned later, came to my table and forwarned me that I could not take food home. She caught me by surprise by this statement, and I told her why would she think I would take food home. Mind you the server had already cleared most of the table, I was just waiting for my grandson to finish his ice cream. I then realized that it had to do with me bringing the diaper bag into the restaurant to change the baby which I told her. It was very humiliated to see people starring at you by hearing what this manager had stated. I asked to see a manager and of course it was her and another one that didn't even pick up his head, as I sked her if she had seen me putting food in any bag and she said no, then she should not had assumed that it was for that purpose. She stated that she tells everyone that brings in large bags the same thing. There were several people with babies and big diaper bags and I didn't see her doing the same thing she did to me.. This is poor customer service to assume they are stealing food. Their food is ordinary bland food. The reason we stopped there is hurry up eat and leave. To see people stealing food and bringing it to their attention is one thing, but to assume because you see someone bring in a back pack is another, specially if there is a baby. Needless to say my family and I will no longer go there. I realize I am only a pea on a pod, but my money will be better served at Golden Corral or the many other restaurants in Las Cruces. To descredit and offend your customers on assumptions is not good customer service. To accuse a customer of stealing food because you bring in a back pack as a diaper bag is not only not good customer service, it's also discrimination.

• Visited April 2013